Using universal remote with Tatasky STB

• Thread starter Thread starter venkig77
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 42
  • Views Views 29,181
Hi,Which universal remote you are using?How much you paid for it. I am looking for a cheap universal remote for my Philips LCD, Philips HTS and Tata Sky.Can you suggest something please. TIA.

I use a Logitech Harmony 525 Universal Remote. My Thomson STB got configured easily enough by inputting the model number in their software.. However the Humax PVR given with the TS+ does not carry any modelnumber anywhere on the PVR or the packaging it came with.. Does anyone know the model number??I use a Logitech Harmony 525 Universal Remote. My Thomson STB got configured easily enough by inputting the model number in their software.. However the Humax PVR given with the TS+ does not carry any modelnumber anywhere on the PVR or the packaging it came with.. Does anyone know the model number??

:dance:Hi... I have got a Universal Remote... Tata Sky is also working along with it..
Now i have configured TV, DVD and TATASKY...
Code for TATASKY is 1997

Hi,

which(brand/Model) Universal Remote you have?

thanks

hi,i recently bought this harmony 525.i am trying to configure Tata Sky with that.How do i find out what make my tata sky is.secondly if i have the code how should i configure with harmony 525.ur help is apprecated.thanks

Hi Dudes,Please check your remote usermanual, im using Philips universal for my Sony Tv, DVD and Tata Sky.Its working fine for me. The main thing is Code is important, Sony's code 2679 (common code) and TatSky 2972 (Thomson).OR better to use without code also, 1. select TV button then hold few seconds.2. Button blings continuously then press on/off button.3. Dont leave, it takes few minutes then switched off automaticaly.4. Now, turn on. it will works.5. Same as for DVD and STB.But, one thing it controls your volume and channel swap not for all functions when using universal remote controls for TV.STB can use all function.DVD same as TV, can play, pause, stop.......

hi karthi,thank u very much for the info.i will try ur method todayeven i am in chennai , can i have ur contact number.

Hi Dudes,

Please check your remote usermanual, im using Philips universal for my Sony Tv, DVD and Tata Sky.
Its working fine for me. The main thing is Code is important, Sony's code 2679 (common code) and TatSky 2972 (Thomson).

OR better to use without code also,
1. select TV button then hold few seconds.
2. Button blings continuously then press on/off button.
3. Dont leave, it takes few minutes then switched off automaticaly.
4. Now, turn on. it will works.
5. Same as for DVD and STB.

But, one thing it controls your volume and channel swap not for all functions when using universal remote controls for TV.

STB can use all function.

DVD same as TV, can play, pause, stop.......

Good R&D done there :wewin:

Back