Veethi: Delivering farm products to your doorstep

I will do my best to prevent any damage during transit by courier guys. In case by bad luck it happens, just contact me on FB/Twitter/Email with pictures of the damaged consignment immediately. I will initiate partial/full refund or send replacement ASAP as per your wish. No questions asked!.

I would like to give clarification to @dextermorgan - Bro, IIRC it was around ₹210 for 250 GM sample including shipping & handling charges. Am I right?.
-----------

Recently, I had someone contact me through email. The guy claimed to have read this thread (not a member) and wanted to try some stuff. But his problem was that prices are costly. Explained him why its costly. I thought there may be others feeling same. If anyone else is feeling same, here is a detailed explanation. Please do not take this negatively. Just want to tell some facts. Not targeting any individual here.

The original questions was: Your prices look costly than local market prices. Why?.

Here is the answer:
I agree, at the first sight my prices look costly. But there are some points here. I will explain by giving honey as example. Same applies for all agricultural products as well.

What is sold in supermarkets are usually adulterated and processed. So It would be unfair to compare my honey with them.

There are people who produce close to 300-400 KG of honey per season (March-June/July) in this part of Western Ghats region. By the time it gets packed, the weight gets increased by at least 100-150 KG. They add jaggery syrup, sugar syrup and other stuff to increase weight. Also, to get higher yield honey bees are fed with sugar syrup. Same is done by majority of the producers all over India. Most of the well known brands purchase such adulterated honey & resell it. So what is sold in supermarkets is nowhere close to real honey. I do not do any of these unethical stuff.

Producing honey is a difficult task. The bees have to be handled with care like kids. Else they become really nasty. Sometimes even deadly. Considering all these facts, I am giving 100% pure honey for ₹250 / ₹413+ shipping for 500GM/1KG respectively.

Honey prices in Amazon for reference.

Source

Source

Shipping is of course more than what large marketplaces like Amazon charge because no courier company gives discounts for small people like me.

To sum up, agriculture is really really difficult process fully dependent on nature. To give example, this year most of us were on the verge of losing majority of the yield due to lack of water (For the record,Western Ghats region gets some heavy rainfall ). I am not using any chemical fertilizers/pesticides during cultivation. Everything is unadulterated. Essentially all products are as original as possible & not harmful to the health of consumer. Additionally, in case of any issues/ questions I am personally available for contact via FB/Twitter/Email. I always go extra mile to make sure that customers are happy. This is something most of the Ecommerce businesses don't do. I hope this clears the "costly pricing" part.

If prices still sound costly. I can't help, Sorry.

I wanted to order black peppercorns but it looks like prices went up by a whole lot. :/

Black Pepper rates are up by around ₹75 to ₹100 per kg everywhere mainly due to crop losses this year. I have no control over yield. :(

I have increased 250gm Black pepper prices from ₹288 to ₹302.

Source

Pepper harvest procedure.

Last edited:
Thank you for the kind words @arafat .

-----
Have changed the bottle design. Has a narrow mouth. Leakage should not happen at all.
-----
Cashew nut prices are expected to go up in a week or two. Upto ₹50 per Kg (maximum). If anyone want to try, please hurry up.

Thank you for the kind words @arafat .

-----
Have changed the bottle design. Has a narrow mouth. Leakage should not happen at all.
-----
Cashew nut prices are expected to go up in a week or two. Upto ₹50 per Kg (maximum). If anyone want to try, please hurry up.

Now few of the products are available in Infibeam and Amazon.

Air Mails will be dispatched through FedEx / Delhivery / Dotzot / Bluedart depending on the location. Should be delivered within 48-72 hours.

Back