Veethi: Delivering farm products to your doorstep

Walnuts are very nice. Had got a kilo.

Reactions: Sai
Yo. Honey is pretty good!

I shouldn't have selected India Post though. The box was completely torn, and the honey had kinda leaked. Thankfully @Sai, had wrapped it in multiple layers of cling film.

from what he told me... he can get into trouble with fssai if the package leaks during transit :P
and he use indiapost because it is the only reasonable option in his area. courier companies charge 2-3 times for the same package.
he should consider using glass bottles assuming they are allowed. the kind of packaging he does, the glass bottle should survive easily.

Right, the plastic jars/bottles themselves were fine. But, they had been sealed using some kinda aluminum foil heat seal (in addition to the cap), the seal wasn't really sealed though, it had come off.

@x720 Really sorry for that. Drop me an email with pictures. Will arrange refund / replacement for you.

To be honest with everyone reading this, I Have delivered over 50kgs of honey since March. This is the first leakage case. The foil seal doesn't get opened that easily unless it's kicked around like a football. It is machine sealed; just like in ready-made pickles.

Fssai doesn't do anything if honey leaks. They have some rules regarding the kind of packing materials to use. It's the courier companies who will come down hunting if anything leaks.

Private courier companies usually don't allow liquid content. Have to beg the local office staff and depending on their mood they allow. If anyone wants to specifically use private couriers, I can use Bluedart /Professional Courier /DTDC /GATI and Fedex. It's just that shipping will cost at least 3-4 times extra than India Post. Private guys have a terrible customer support and the rates are not standard.

Regarding the usage of glass jars, I have tried it when I was testing various packing materials. It gets shattered easily.

I will further improve the quality of packing and will do my best to prevent any damages during transit . However, please note that how courier people handle the article is beyond my control.

In case of any issues, please drop me a message on Facebook /Twitter or on [email protected] with pictures of the package. Will arrange for refund / replacement ASAP.

Last edited:
@Sai My bottle of honey also had its aluminium foil opened. I opened the bottle, found there's no seal, then looked under the lid and found it there. But no leakage or anything

Packaging was very good and I got my box in good condition.

And yesterday in supermarket, I found that Dabur honey costs 150Rs for 250ml. and veethi cost me 300rs plus. But I gotta say, there's a difference in taste and veethi honey tastes better.

Back