Very interesting! Stay away from ACT (been using it over a year) readon

• Thread starter Thread starter pier39lab
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 4,010

pier39lab

ISP
Airtel & Act Broadband
Ok, I've been a user for more than a year now and I wrote pretty good reviews, if you look at my older posts you'll see. But oflate, I'm telling people to stay away and be safe. I've successfully managed to avert 3 of my friends from signing up for a new connection. ACT is no longer what it used to be seriously. In a nutshell, Down times over take uptimes.I live in Jayanagar 4th T block and I have 3 connections running in my house, all from ACT.I've been sooo disappointed with what i'm having to deal with:1. Extremely unreliable: For the past couple months, I had disconnections every now and then, if I look back, connected days were less than 20 days. I lost connection for a week straight. And as I type, I got no connection, been 3 days now ( btw I'm using 3g on my ipad). When you need it the most, you will never have it.2. Customer care: Do they really care? They are really really shameless and have no control over their language. ACT's customer care is by far the worst CC I've experienced. Primarily, it is NOT toll free, they never answer, even if they do, you will have to wait 20 mins or more in the pipeline with no guarantee that they will respond, and guess what you are paying to wait! All they do is talk, try to convince you of their problems and not take your problems seriously, you will never hear from them.Many times, You will never be able to get through to their number, leave alone getting into their phone portal.
Here's a sample on how they talk:

CC:
"Today is a Sunday, there are no managers today"
"He went back home since there were no escalations"
"He got an urgent call went to a meeting"
"Sir all answers are the same everything means the same, I have reached my target, you can talk for half an hour, 45 mins I don't care"
"Our manager is very busy man. He is busy, he can't come to the phone now"
And they disconnect when you try to cross question them.
A technician called Santosh finally turned up after a week to set our connections right, handed over his number to us and told us to call or message him for problems in the future. Guessed as much, this guy never responds, never bothers to Communicate. We re left hanging in here even now as I speak.3. Billing: With all the problems I've talked about above, I still got a bill with normal charges. I'm not paying any money. Seriously, how careless can they be to not have cut the unused or disconnected days' charges?Well, I've decided to get rid of this godforbidden connection and return to Airtel that I was previously using for 5 years, they really value their customers. Airtel's technicians arrived in less than 2 hours.So, I'm not going to pay these bills, such that I am automatically disconnected (irony! The connection isn't active anyway)I'm going back to Airtel, cold turkey!See, it is NOT easy to type on an ipad, nevertheless I put an effort. Well this should show how miffed I am. I don't care how fast or slow a connection is, all i care is how long am I not disconnected for.And I Hope I'm broadcasting the truth to all you guys that are thinking up an internet-relationship with with ACT.

Well my experience has been completely different. CC hasn't been all that bad for me even though I had to chase them for a pro-rata sometime back.
My connection has also been down since last Saturday due to "unexpected maintenence" on their PPPoE servers; however I received a message regarding this before the outage hit and have been promised an automatic pro-rata (which it should be!) when I get billed for this month. This outage would be the first since Jan so I guess I live in a luckier area than you. In total though I am happy with my connection but it is unfortunate that you have had a terrible time with ACT.

My experience with ACT BB is not that bad though. Probably because of the area which I live, since past 6 months no disconnections. Luckily.

pier39lab, you have documented the issues well. consider sending mail to:
[email protected]

in my case, i also find probematic reaching CC/Nodal Phone Numbers. But the emails get noticed (although you will get response in 3-5 days).
when i spoke to Nodal officer, he accepted the issues with CC availability/tollfree number... and convinced me that in 1 month time they will be fixing these problems.
now we can just wait and watch... if they really improve the CC services.

We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience. We will make sure the problem is resolved at the earliest. Please provide us your registered contact number or a Customer ID and we will get back to you ASAP.

ACT can u plz tell me when ur available @ Mahaganapathi Nagar(Rajajinagar Industrial Town)

I can confirm the view that fellow member has - i am exactly in the same boat.
Have been one of the first customers in Indiranagar - and i had scubscribed to a 1MBPS plan which got upgraded to a 10MBPs plan.Infact that plan is now off the ACT menu - shows i am the oldest of the customers !!
Always had said their speeds are good.But offlate past 1 months noticed :
1) The FUP somehow doesnt seem to NOT hold now.speeds stop to dip earlier.
2) There are random downtimes for 1-2 days, latest case it just stopped working for a stretch of 4+days.
I raised a complaint, the technician claimed the rain water has slipped into wire, and the entire wiring needs to be changed. Has been a week now - noone to my rescue. As always this technician is non-responsive now will try to reach out to their office to check whats the expectation from the users - there is actually no way i can pray for it to get better, the technician has dismantled the wiring already so its half the work done.
Ashamed that i actually publicised ACT for their speeds,this is some real shabby work on their part to support the service.

phani_genin said:
I can confirm the view that fellow member has - i am exactly in the same boat.
Have been one of the first customers in Indiranagar - and i had scubscribed to a 1MBPS plan which got upgraded to a 10MBPs plan.Infact that plan is now off the ACT menu - shows i am the oldest of the customers !!
Always had said their speeds are good.But offlate past 1 months noticed :
1) The FUP somehow doesnt seem to NOT hold now.speeds stop to dip earlier.
2) There are random downtimes for 1-2 days, latest case it just stopped working for a stretch of 4+days.
I raised a complaint, the technician claimed the rain water has slipped into wire, and the entire wiring needs to be changed. Has been a week now - noone to my rescue. As always this technician is non-responsive now will try to reach out to their office to check whats the expectation from the users - there is actually no way i can pray for it to get better, the technician has dismantled the wiring already so its half the work done.
Ashamed that i actually publicised ACT for their speeds,this is some real shabby work on their part to support the service.
"Hello,

We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience. We will make sure the problem is resolved at the earliest. Please provide us your registered contact number or a Customer ID and we will get back to you ASAP.

Regards,
ACT Broadband"

Actians please give atleast a reply for the pathetic FUP Plans.... :pissed-off: :pissed-off: we need a constant 1mbps speed :peaceful: :peaceful:
broadband.act said:
"Hello,

Regards,
ACT Broadband"
[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Droid Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]Actians please give atleast a reply for the pathetic FUP Plans.... [/color] :pissed-off:[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Droid Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;] [/color] :pissed-off:[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Droid Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;] we need a constant 1mbps speed [/color] :peaceful:[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Droid Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;] [/color] :peaceful:

Back