Vi allowing prepaid to postpaid conversion through OTP without sim change

• Thread starter Thread starter havoc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 77
  • Views Views 13,806
So I was blocked for a week for breaking some childish quote rules... So finally back... So my sim is finally ported in vi postpaid....i changed my plan instantly to 701....after sim got changed into postpaid,...... I changed my sim into postpaid one by visiting vi store too....as mine was prepaid to postpaid conversion by otp...... But still the speeds are not going above 40Mbps...which is cap on prepaid sims...

My phone supports upto 5ca and currently getting 3ca easily...someone knows how to get this 40mbps limit removed...??.

But still the speeds are not going above 40Mbps...which is cap on prepaid sims...
Not true. I have converted to postpaid from prepaid. Yet my prepaid sim gives 90-100Mbps (Oppo Reno 7 Pro) speed when near tower.

Last edited:
I am tired with shitty Vi internet speed (Postpaid). And planning to switch back to prepaid or just close postpaid connection if possible. Is there any way to do that with just OTP?

Nope, you need to wait till 90 days from the day you converted to postpaid and then go to a VI store to port to prepaid.

@dexter22 the welcome letter just contains your plan info and the charges post usage of what is already included with the plan.

I did submit the OTP and all it did was download the welcome letter. I didn't get any message regarding any charge to my account, neither does their app show anything such. I guess I'll only get to know after my bill is generated. Hopefully they didn't charge for that fingers crossed

Okay so, You can Convert your Prepaid Vi to Postpaid with this link: Convert from Vi Prepaid to Postpaid Online | Vi™

And to simply turn back to Prepaid anytime (even before 90 days, Just make sure you pay your dues)

Just Send PORT message to 1900 and you'll receive UPC

The UPC for your mobile no. XXXXXXXX is VXXXXX, valid upto 04-03-23 23:59. Do not share UPC with anyone except the recipient operator personnel.

Vi kinda shit even with Postpaid. I regret ever porting to Vi Postpaid.

Back