Vi allowing prepaid to postpaid conversion through OTP without sim change

• Thread starter Thread starter havoc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 77
  • Views Views 13,806
@tuShar9 you'll have 40 Mbps cap no matter it's CA or not (prepaid only). But since my complaint from postpaid SIM worked my circle (area probably because haven't tested outside it) is capping free for prepaid too.

Last edited:
@dexter22 2000 GB on wireless is still pretty generous. Make sure you have Pay-as-you-go deactivated and use it to the bone. Let us know the experience.
Pay-as-you-go thing is scary AF. Thankfully it automatically get's deactivated when you switch plan

@tuShar9 you'll have 40 Mbps cap no matter it's CA or not (prepaid only). But since my complaint from postpaid SIM worked my circle (area probably because haven't tested outside it) is capping free for prepaid too.
Will see if that cap is there...after conversion... If so then will change the sim from a vi store.... The main part was conversion to postpaid which will happen now easily..... But surely vi has very confusing policy like speed restrction..,data cap.. Which is not seen on other operators....

This cap is not intentional as many have figured out. It's due to some core issues while VF merging with Idea. Vi site engineers can't see it because they use postpaid sim provided by Vi and that's the matter. I recently talked with our area network guy (OG's will remember Swift Desire guy 😂) he said he had no clue about it before as nobody had ever told him anything. But anyways coming back to the point... You won't see caps in postpaid. And if that happens then just get the sim replaced from the store as the old sim will be the culprit then.

Last edited:
@netomato If what you are saying true then I'll have to travel 90Km to get sim replaced. Theoretically speaking, how much speed you would expect from Postpaid when you are standing right next to tower?

125 Mbps (although differs from circle to circle). Haven't tested from next to the tower but the speedtest I shared above is from Inside my home where it hit 124 Mbps. So I think that's theoretically the max. Jio has 100 Mbps Download Cap on 4G (PAN India) & Airtel has 140 Mbps in my area.

Also @dexter22 you won't have to change the SIM due to postpaid caps I'm 99.999% sure about that.

What things need to be deactivated after getting into postpaid to be safe from bill shock... I know that international calling is disabled by default.... Anything else we need to keep in mind after getting postpaid sim..??

Most probably nothing. They said DND will reset and you need to change it back to your preferences but in my case everything was same. Fun fact I was able to send and receive SMS messages right after conversion (they said I needed to wait 24 hours). So clearly they want more postpaid customers. And pay as you go will also be already disabled but you should check it again after successfully getting into postpaid from my Vi app. Except that nothing.

So finally postpaid conversion happened using the above link.... And initially 401 plan was activated.... Then requested to change it to 701 plan.... Initially it was showing 2000gb limit but now after sometime it has gone and it is now showing truly unlimited data.... The speed is quite average on samsung Galaxy m21 which is 3 years old.... Will test on Redmi k50i which supports ca.. Just need to confirm 3ca/4ca/5ca....and will post the speeds in a day or two

Source

Last edited:
@tuShar9 Initially it was showing 2000gb limit but now after sometime it has gone and it is now showing truly unlimited data....
App just hides actual quota and shows Unlimited text, limit is still there.

Speed you posted, what are the values (Band, Signal Strength, RSRP, RSRQ, SNR)?

Source

I am using TL-MR6400 with LPDA Antenna. Nearest tower is 3KM away. In Day best 8-10 Mbps is best I can get, In Night it goes upto 20-30Mbps. I have no idea what to do to improve speed. Is there any satellite broadband provider in India?

Back