Videocon D2h first day experience- Ordered online

• Thread starter Thread starter aashishkul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 332
  • Views Views 52,000
booked yesterday @ 2230 hrs and wow ! by today morning 9 am,they gave me call...i'z impressed !!

The Problem

after installation, the demo channel was appearing little blurred..the engineer told me that it has something to do with the TV ...

after much persuasion and some phone calls, he took back the STB and said that he'll update the software.

now keeping my fingers crossed...

Did your box got updated over the air ? Coz I remember when my friend got the connection the first time the channels were a bit blurred and the demo channel was all pixelated. After around 30 mins the box got updated and then the channels looked fine :)

pkarthik ty. I request them when I need to do it.@ I MHey I think you made mistake between ss & sq. ss will 100% & sq will 95%. check back.

@ Xmen 360,the thing is my a/c didn't get activate that time, he said there was some server problem ! so couldnt check after 30 mts .

nope, now waiting for the engineer to come eith the STB, he said he'l cal me up once the STB is fine;still waiting for his call.

@ I M

Hey I think you made mistake between ss & sq. ss will 100% & sq will 95%. check back.

No Dude , Its correct wt I said. Quality 100, Strength 95

nope, now waiting for the engineer to come eith the STB, he said he'l cal me up once the STB is fine;still waiting for his call.

a hectic day with phone, i had to literally beg with these guys to come with my STB.

installed the same, HD channels seems to be okay, but there are some issues with sd channels(blurring)

one more, i had opted for the gold sports package with HD globe add on, but they activated Platinum HD pack !!!

What have u exactly bought? Zapper or DVR? I guess it needs some updating. Just dont know when is the next update scheduled. May be if ur engineer is knowledgeable enuf, he might tell u.And for packages, i guess u shud immediately call up the CC & change it. It hardly takes any time.

wife got the hd dvr connection today. she was frustrated with the quality initially. quality was above 90. strength was around 50. pushed the guys to get the strength to above 70. could not get any better. since the flat is on the second floor, and the dish was installed at the top of the building... the cable length is around 100 meters i think :D (1000 bucks extra for the cable) i guess that is the reason for the lower strength? anyone else has such long cable on their DTH connections? HD quality is apparently very good. SD is not that good. but much better now compared to before. firmward upgrade has been done. no improvements from that.

My flat is on Ground floor, and where the Dish has been installed, is almost 8th or 9th floor. How long is that compared to urs?I think u push the engineers for 100% quality. With 90% u might be getting little bit below standard. And strength too, shud be 90-95% atleast. Push them around a bit.Dont take their excuse that wires are long, so u will get lesser readings. Its a baseless excuse.But what about Firmware upgrade?? :O Its not pushed since last few months. How did u get it? All our boxes are stuck on Download ID 20, whereas ideally it shud be 22. It shud be pushed shortly though.......

Back