Videocon D2h first day experience- Ordered online

• Thread starter Thread starter aashishkul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 332
  • Views Views 52,000
@ Ashish....

See i had told u! :) A new connection is needed. Or technically put, a new Customer ID......

:)

@ ashishThey provide new cust. ID when u upgrade to dvr. Cable clip issue? I never heard can you explain?@ JayminWhat do you want to say backup? What is it?Thanks to both & other who replied on this.

Installation can take atleast that much time which the dealer mentioned! Just wait for that much time. And i hope the engineers arent out on Diwali leaves. yes, they wud be having backups, but still, i dont think they wud be working at full strength. Let us know tomorrow.

Back up means?

Thanks.

Yesterday they installed 90 cm dish & as you say they took 1 & half our time to install.

@ ashish & Jaymin

They were providing me 65 cm dish when they came after I book DVR but I insist them for 90 cm & they yesterday (after 5 days) installed 90 cm dish. Its Signal strength is 80 - 84 % & quality is 93. I insist them to give atleast 95 % signal strength but they refused with cause of no any dth gives you 100% signal strength & maximum is 80%. Thats it.

They didnt come along with HDMI cable but when I talked to the engineer he promise that he will talk to the company & provide it soon. Actually they hadnt install DVR before & they couldnt clear my queries related about DVR. I asked him earthnet socket but he told me that it is under process. It using for connecting the internet. About lavender button on remote he couldnt answer & told me that he will send a person to show the demo.

----------

Tipanni (Comments) on Old DVR vs New DVR software after upgrade software.

I lost great thing which was D2H DVR old logo which was same as D2H SD but new logo I dont like & now I need to face the burden. Yeahhh :(

Another good thing was active radio in old software which was same as old software of D2H SD but it lost after software upgrade.

In old DVR software there were many options in menu but in new software there are fever option which I may say good thing.

Picture quality is good just for few channels. Star Plus, Star gold, Sony, Disney xd (already it is).

There DVR capacity is 71 hours actually in view of HD capacity recording. I read manual & they mentioned 100 Hours for SD & 35 hours (according to remain 100 hours of SD) for HD. It means total 200 I think.

Yesterday when they on DVR there was error to format hard drive because of Hard Drive corrupt. I want to ask. If it happen in future then all recorded content will clear after format of drive?

Thanks.

Hard Drive Corrupt error happens only for 1st time. It won't repeat again.

Actually for me When they changed my HD Zapper to DVR they didnt change my Customer ID, They changed in IT Level as the problem for them.... i am not sure about the New Upgarde about HD to DVRI got my HDMI Cable with their HD Zapper box itself... when they changed to DVR i used the same HDMI cable...

@ Max.....Backup means, backup engineers, when the regular ones are on leaves.And on ur issue of Signal.....i guess u just show what other DVR users a getting. I mean to say, show them this site. We are getting 100% quality, without any doubts. Just as it was happening with Karthik, they are acting lazy in this case as well.

@ Jaymin

You always refuses that 100% singal quality / strength is policy of D2H but its true. Believe me. Engineers only know how much you get it after using satellite meter. In SD box they atleast shows real picture quality but not strength but in DVR they shows both 100% which is wrong thing & fake thing.

You had buy dvr at launching time of dvr & u r aware of old software of dvr. My dvr was too but after they active dvr connection it upgrade. Last software was good, isnt it? what you will say.

I think ya it was back up persons & they I think were not much experienced.

----------

aashishkul.....
Your 1st post was just like the ad of d2h they show nowadays!!
Good that these people are so much committed.....i m planning to buy these services soon!!

Which services?

What did i refuse about 100%?I always say "insist on 100%". And its surely not fake.Lastly on software....i don't think theres any issue in it. Just that Star HD channels r giving trouble.

Back