Videocon D2h first day experience- Ordered online

• Thread starter Thread starter aashishkul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 332
  • Views Views 52,008
I never intend to say negative abt any operator and believe that each and every operator are trying to provide best of their service. But when I visited Vijay Sales while buying my LED TV, they have connected ADTV HD in showroom and i was not at all happy with the quality of PQ. And Sony Mony have connected Tata Sky HD which was better and I find PQ of TS and d2h almost same.Through Various Screenshots, I had even proved that PQ of d2h is if not best than better among all operators. @ MAX24: Your comments are always welcome and we shared our views to make you aware that d2h is providing its best service and if you are not getting good PQ, you need to address you complaint with them.

I wud add a PS to ur comment: We arent any Sales guys of D2h. Just that we too are sharing our experiences.

IM has 40" LED, & I have 42" LED. We havent seen any issues, except for the times when it starts raining suddenly. If it rains gradually, then also there arent any issues.

----------

Btw, an engineer is coming to check upon that Star Gold HD issue......pray that the issue is visible to him. Generally these devices act innocent in front of engineers.

Oh Thats gr8. then depending upon your feedback, I will also register a complain or do needfull troubleshooting as per ur remarks. :)

The engineer's service is very nice & I am experienced. They solved d2h problem within 24 hours.

Ok. I just told him about 2 issues i was facing. While Fast forwarding the slider was getting stuck. he said it can be solved by resetting the DVR totally. Which also means i will lose all data. So i have postponed that thing.

About Star Gold HD - first he said that again it needs resetting only. But i said that this problem is faced by many other users too. I even showed him Mascot's comment in the other thread

Then he felt that may be this is some other issue. He has noted down that particular comment & said he will forward it to his senior, and get back to me in 1-2 hours. Lets see when he gets back & what reply he gives!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohh !! So, visit done. Bro, tell me how to reset DVR. I don't have any Watchable recording at this time. So I would reset and confirm whether issue is getting resolved or not. Bcoz I am also facing Jerk while playing recorded videos.

I think reseting is somewhere in DVR. Will get back to u by night with that exact location. Or u can also call up the engineer. I think u simply call up the engineer who did ur installation.Coz the guy who came here, told me SPECIFICALLY, that when i want to reset, i shud call him up. He was Manish. U can call up ur local engineer & tell him about this. He will do the reset for u.About Star Gold HD, i got a call from Noida Office & they said they have forwarded the issue to the Broadcaster, and it shud be solved. I think u too, just send this email to their Customer care, so that they make a note about the problem. They shud know that its not a 1-off complaint.

Thanks buddy. I gt it. It was in Box Setting. Formated using Option No - 3. Now recording AVATAR on Star Plus HD. Lets see if Issue is resolved or not :)

This will actually help me! If it doesnt solve ur issue, then i will be saved from losing my data without any result! Plus, without the experimenting, we can again tell them that this exercise isnt solving the issue. So we need another engineer visit, or whatever else the solution is!

Don't worry. I can do the formatting part on behalf of you also as you are very well aware that DVR usage is rare and spontaneous for me. If Engineer says to format using anyother option, let me know abt that :)

----------

Format didn't worked. Now using Option No - 1 ( Reset With Format )

I think everything will be resetted in STB . Lets see if Issue is resolved or not .

Back