Videocon D2h first day experience- Ordered online

• Thread starter Thread starter aashishkul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 332
  • Views Views 52,004
Thanks Jaymin. Mine is a HD Zapper box so I think that explains why the UI is different. But I think it is just a matter of S/W upgrade right? Why don't Videocon do that? The lag time in changing the channels are really frustrating. Hope Videocon is doing something about it. I am not sure about the signal strength. But I am sure it is not 100%. How do I check that? It requires an installtion code to get into that menu. What is the installation code? Other than this minor glitches I am really enjoying HD viewing experience on my TV.

Ok. To know the Firmware version, u need to check its "Download ID". In a few minutes, i will check where it is actually & LET U KNOW HOW TO CHECK IT.

And it doesnt update when we need it. Theres a time slot, which happens from their central location via satellites. So u shud not switch off ur STB frequently. May be if its switched off at night, its ok. But keep it "On" during daytime.

And about signal strength also, will let u know in a few minutes.

----------

Ok.....here it is:

Check ur Download ID - Go to Setup>>>>Product Data. U will find around 8-10 items listed. In that 1 of them is download id. It shud be 21. Mine is 20 though.

For signal strength - U have to go to Satellite Management. This is how to go there:

Setup>>>>Installation>>>>Box Setting>>>>Satellite management

When it asks for "Installation code" press 1234, and it will open up.
When u try to open Satellite Management, it will ask another code.......now that code is the 4th digit, 6th digit, 8th digit & 10th digit of ur 11 Digit Smart card no.

Once that opens, u will be able to see 2 Bars which represent:
1) Signal Strength
2) Signal Quality

The Quality bar shud be 100% & strength shud be around 85-90% atleast.

Hey, My Download ID is also showing 20 . My DVR remains active or in Standby mode always.

I think even u must have missed an update. that technician who came the other day told me that it shud be 21. Still not a thing to worry, coz 1 update is pushed twice or thrice.......they do this to tackle these type of situations, where a few STBs miss it.I just hope it doesnt happen when i am watching something really interesting.

I think Standby shud do. Dont remember exactly. My STB remains on thru'out the day, so i didnt bother to clarify whether standby mode wud suffice or not.

The download Id signifies the Software version of ur STB. If its fully updated, u face lesser technical issues.

Back