Videocon D2h first day experience- Ordered online

• Thread starter Thread starter aashishkul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 332
  • Views Views 52,002
It shud be 21. But i forgot which connection u have - HD, HD DVR or SD? I dont know what shud be the version for HD or SD.

SD :joyous: & its inactive since last two Software Upgrades. :)

Help me. I am using 21 inch tv.I am confuse which dth to buy i am confuse between airtel sd and videcon sd.I not want HD so dont suggest me.I want SD only.So tell me which is good sd (airtel or videocon) having good picture and also cheap monthly plans. :lol:And i dont want sports channl. DD NATIONAL is enough for me.I like videcon can it is good than airtel in sd?Videcon offer sd stb in Rs 1690 also (plus Rs 1000 for 1year new diamond pack can i take it with stb or only stb).Plz plz plz suggest me good one .Its urgent i buy on september 1.Thanks.

@ anilsethi......U dont need to post in 2 threads!Anyways, since u dont want HD, u dont want Sports also & u have 21" TV, i think D2h will be a good option. Coz their basic pack to suit ur needs costs Rs.165pm including taxes. Btw, how much English Movies or English News do u watch? Coz if u want to see those channels u will need to get a few add-ons.

There is matter of picture quality. Better you go to watch D2H demo compare to your tv size. & also think about channel packages, I think you choose already. Go to watch demo of D2H in a shop specially watch D2H demo on your tv size tv & see many channels quality which you want over the package.

I think u have some wrong info buddy. I dont think D2h is offering u 1 year of Diamond Pack with an STB of 1,690. Let us know where did u come to know about this offer. Coz their site isnt showing this.If they r offering, its worth it - coz Diamond Pack for 1 year itself costs more than the total 2,690 per year!

i am having dish truehd,and was tired of waiting for them to add more "true" hd channels and paying the highest amt in india (rs 550) and was thinking to switch to videocon d2h hd which undoubtedly offers the highest no(12) of hd channels. so i finally decided to switch to d2h in time for the odi series,despite my wife's reluctance(she loved zee khana khazana)i ordered online on 28 aug sunday noon. i got the email from their sales team informing abt the installation in 24-48 hrs. now the ordeal begins.on monday,when i didn't recvd any call or sms from their side,i got suspicious and called their online sales team no 022-42000555,there the guy told me,first my customer id will be sent on sms,then it will take max 48 hrs for installation. i tell him,cust id should have been generated by now as 24 hrs has been passed,he gave me same standard reply. unconvinced by his reply,i mailed to the customer care and the online sales team. later today morning when,there was still no phone call,sms or mail from them,i called their call centre where one retard firs told,that online booking is not possible,when i gave the link,she says it is impossible to book online as dh does not has that facility. then i tell her to transfer the call to floor manager,which he in his own twisted logic began explaining the timelines that it takes 24-48 hrs for cust id generation,after that again 24-48 hrs for the delivery of the stb and again 24-48 hrs for the installation to be done. that too the timeline is in in working hrs.i tell him that by that logic it will take 10-12 days,he says yes. i tell him to show where that twisted timeline is mentioned on the website,he keeps the phone. now getting furious,i mail to same ids again with nodal officer's id also added. then again i call the sales team. after much persuasion and talking to 5-10 people,finally sms confirming cust id is sent after 48 hrs.then after 1 hr, 1 guy comes with the stb at my home. with his shady attire and suspicious looks,i tell him to call his superior from his phone. it was the sales team,they confirmed that the right stb is been delivered and 2 hrs later,the installation team will come with the dish. now it is 5 in the evening,there was still no call from the installation team. i call their sales no,and they say you have been delivered the wrong stb belonging to someone else and tomo will be delivery of the right stb and day after tomorrow the installation,that means on friday(after including holidays for ramzan and ganesh chaturthi). i get very angry,tell him what shit is this. i told him to transfer the call to head of the sales team.after making me wait for 15 mins,the guy cuts the phone. i call again and manage to talk to one mr manoj phadke(some operational manager) he too pleads sorry and says can't do anything. after making him realize his mistake of confirming the wrong stb for over 30 mins,he tells me to opt for refund. i say to him,i never demanded refund but installation on time.i tell him,stay in mumbai and not some rural area,then why so much delay? he tells me that the right stb will be delivered in 2 hrs and the installation will be done today.it is now late night,still no call or contact from them. now i have to go through the same ritual again tomorrow. it is like banging my head against he wall,coz i tried all the numbers and mailed to all the ids,still nothing happened.

U have gone thru a lot. But i think its hardly the third day today. If u had let it go on its own, then by now everything wud have been done. Coz normally they are very strict on schedules, as u must have seen in this thread.Anyways, whats happened is gone.Can u pls tell us what ids u had mailed to? And also, are u sure that Sales Team's no. is 42000555? Coz till recently, i used to contact a different number - 42067575.About the Call centre number - even we are fed up of them. All Call centre people are dumb. U cant xpect them to solve ur issues. I mean its useless to xpect that! :)

Only good about physical services not about picture quality. The worst thing is picture quality which cannot bear by anybody. Just if you have 14 inch TV maybe its great choice to you. Almost everything is good about d2h but picture quality is very bad. My d2h dth installation experience is very good. Before that I had heard that d2h is notorious about installation but it was false about me. D2h is mostly advanced dth in India by their packages, features but picture quality is bad than a cable operator picture qualit

Max24...I saw your comments in other thread also. I observed that they have improved the picture quality a lot. Can you do see some setting your Tv as well. or may be you can think on changing STB box...there may be chance of faulty STB.

----------

I think you mess up with un-necessary calling. D2H guys are very prompt.
I remember, when my Dish TV STB box got out of order, I was if office and my wife was missing daily sops. After the getting call for stricts consequnces from my home ministry, I ordered the d2H STB from office at 2pm. In next 15 minutes I got call for suitable time for installation. I asked him to come after 5 pm and reach home at 4:30pm by leaving office bit early. With uter surprise, STB box was already derived at home. I called the same number and person come in next 30 minutes...and installed. I save myself to have Balika Badhu available for my wife.

D2H people very - very prompt...just let them manage. Don't ignore that there may some technical issue that any company do not want to disclose off to avoid brand damage. May your request could not be processed due various reason.

I love D2h...among all this I found best...awesome picture quality...un beatable package and average sound..(sound is better in Dish tv)

Back