viewing free to air channels - advice required

ISP
bsnl
Excuse me for being a novice, what all things i need to get started for viewing FTA channels. Would purchasing a STB box alone suffice for viewing the TV channels ? Any other additional equipment is required ? Is there any configuration required in the STB after purchasing ? I went through the different threads, but the information seems to be scattered across different threads. Would really appreciate if anybody can provide all technical information in one post.

The equipments are Dish, LNB, STB and Cable.There are two type of transmission C band and kU Band.For C and Ku STb is Same. But Dish and LNb are Different.DD Direct Plus, Tata Sky, Dish Tv, Sun Direct, Big Tv (Up coming), are the examples of Ku band. Except DD The service providers (Tata Sky, Dish Tv, Sun Direct, Big Tv) are providing the hardware (STB, Dish, LNB), If you want to Subscribe to this Please contact the Corresponding Service Providers Local Distributors.From an Ordinary Electronics Shop you can purchase the STB and Other for DD Direct Plus, cost around 1500-. for more details please check the other forum threads.

Back