• Thread starter Thread starter oldtimer
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 41
  • Views Views 295,018

oldtimer

Geriatrix
ISP
bsnl 256kbps home 250 plan
The helpline asked me to sms "Vl" to 52586 for gprs settings and i did so. Now even after 12 hrs, no response. Did i get my facts wrong? Could anyone help

u might want to go to their website and there is link where it allows u to specify mobile number and model and it will send u the settings.

Sorry to bother you, but the vodafone website isnt very helpful ( or maybe i didnt look hard enough). Could you send me a link please?

Just send ACT PH to 111I think that keyword is still workingcoz obviously the new one isn't

This morning i SMSed "VL" to 52586 again and i got some settings for browsing and for MMS separately. Happily, I installed them. On reboot, however, the "G" symbol (Sony ericsson w610i) showed for a few seconds and then Pfft! Can't still connect. ACT VL on the 111 line apparently is for postpaid. the number for for prepaid roaming is 144. As per the vodafone website.

The vodafone.in isn't up always to give us the info we need,when it is up its still not been updated with the manual or OTA settings
and the Info the CC provides isn't working too well for us.

I can still connect on the old HUTCH settings,so may be this will help
Manual GPRS settings
Settings name: Hutch_gprs
Home page: http://www.hutchworld.co.in
Session Mode: Permanent
Connection security: Off
Data bearer: GPRS
GPRS access point: portalnmms
IP address: 10.10.1.100
Authentification type: Normal
Login type: Automatic
User name:
Password:

Also I sent HELP GPRS to 111 and this is the reply I got.
"Please send ACT VL to activate Vodafone live! (MMS & Wap Access), send CAN VL to deactivate Vodafone live!, send ACT VMC199 or ACT VMC499 or ACT VMC699 to activate Vodafone Mobile Connect (Web Access on phone or Laptop/PC), send CAN VMC199 or CAN VMC499 or CAN VMC699 to 111 Sms CKT for cricket score, INDEX for NSE/BSE status, NEWS, JOKE or HELP for more details to 56789. Rs3/Sms"
May be you can try sending these codes to 144 if you are prepaid

First Send VL to 52586,abd you will receive Msg and again Send Msg S (YOUR Imei) and send back to 52586,Again You Will receive With Setting Thats It

Manual GPRS settings
Settings name: Hutch_gprs
Home page: http://www.hutchworld.co.in
Session Mode: Permanent
Connection security: Off
Data bearer: GPRS
GPRS access point: portalnmms
IP address: 10.10.1.100
Authentification type: Normal
Login type: Automatic
User name:

That was mighty decent of you skorpio 1

Here is what i got on my phone.

Settings name: Vodafone live!
Home page: http://live.vodafone.in

APN: portalnmms
Use proxy? yes
proxy address : 010.010.001.100
Authentification type: PAP
Login request: off
User name:
Password:

After all this, i still had to take it to the vodafone "store" in my neighbourhood. The guy did something on his comp terminal and when i came out, my operator logo had changed to vodafone and my gprs was found working!!! Hmm. That much for automation!! :wall:

Hurray its fixed !!!

The guy did something on his comp terminal and when i came out, my operator logo had changed to vodafone and my gprs was found working!!!

Whats the operator logo?VODAFINE IN or just plain VODAFONE?:ashamed:

Back