vodafone gprs settings sms number

• Thread starter Thread starter oldtimer
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 41
  • Views Views 295,018
Hello friends, This is the next instalment of the vodafone internet connection --this time for your pc, through Vodafone connect.!!1. sms www to 52586, when you get your settings on the phone, save and reboot your phone. You will have another account called "vodafone connect". in your phone. ( my phone shows all fields blanks except port number 8080) the APN for this is "www" (without the quotes).2. If your phone comes with its own pc-software, you might want to set up the connection with the software wizard. Select that account with the apn as www instead of those with portalnmms - I had to finally allow my SE w610i PC-suite to do the job3. Recharge your prepaid phone a/c with RC19/- easy recharge ( free browsing for 24 hrs) at your neighbourhood vendor. You might get a credit addition of Rs. 0.05. and at the same time, you will receive an sms that your vodafone connect account is enabled for internet access for 24 hrs. 4. Dial that connection and presto! There it is - you are on the WWW!! You still have to adjust your pc browser internet connection settings a little. i am doing this post immediately after i got connected to this forum through "vodafone connect". Connection speed 115 kbps, download typically 5KBps. My bsnl broadband is down for the last 3 days as our cables were dug up by the excavators that are building our superfast IT corridor!!cheers

can u tell exact charge for this? is this on their website? or its one of their hidden scheme? is their deduction everyday?

that i know ..its minimum 199 rent per month. but i want to know abt that 19rs recharge thing. what is he(oldtimer) talking abt?is it totally rent free?

My helpline in Tamilnadu says, there are no monthly tariff plans for vodafone connect. The RC 19/- easy recharge (from vendor only.. no cards available) will give 24 hrs of FREE internet access ( so their SMS says). No talktime, no download limits, no data charges. flat rate for 24 hrs. (I checked, the 19/- is not credited into your balance, but you get a "service activated" sms. no deductions to my credit also after a fair amt of usage). The service auto-deactivates after 24 hrs. Speeds are pathetic once you get used to real B/b but in an emergency like mine, it is the best option.

19rs for 1 day internet is cool for emergency or for few days trip.

Rs.19/day is great in case of emergencies. Any such scheme for postpaid customers?

its not there for mumbai. i called up vodafone CC 2 times. both said no such 19Rs topup plan.

My helpline in Tamilnadu says, there are no monthly tariff plans for vodafone connect. The RC 19/- easy recharge (from vendor only.. no cards available) will give 24 hrs of FREE internet access ( so their SMS says). No talktime, no download limits, no data charges. flat rate for 24 hrs. (I checked, the 19/- is not credited into your balance, but you get a "service activated" sms. no deductions to my credit also after a fair amt of usage). The service auto-deactivates after 24 hrs. Speeds are pathetic once you get used to real B/b but in an emergency like mine, it is the best option.

hi oldtimer,

is usage charges free ? if we recharge for rs.19 e-recharge, can we use the internet for 24 hrs freely ?:)

Yes! I checked my balance with *141# . No deductions!
As they say, unlimited usage for 24hrs. No extra rental, no additional usage charges. The catch is,
1.We have to charge separately for each and every 24 hr. period with easy recharge of 19/- from the shop.
2. This service may not be available in all cities
3. speed is poor, so you can use it only in an emergency.

Back