Waiting for MTNL 3G Jadoo service

• Thread starter Thread starter talyan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 49
  • Views Views 14,963
599 @3G Rate(384kbps) as I think + 5Rs per MB.If you want @HSDPA rate (3.6MBps)one should shell out Rs 149 extra+5Rs per MB.If it is like that,MTNL customer ko "Dhoonte rahe jooage, JADOO se bhi nahi najar nahi aayenge".

I think MTNL is not aiming at the data market and looking for the video call services. Bad, they have not done enough market research. Wikipedia says otherways.

Quote from Wikipedia

"The high data speeds of UMTS are now most often utilised for Internet access: experience in Japan and elsewhere has shown that user demand for video calls is not high, and telco-provided audio/video content has declined in popularity in favour of high-speed access to the World Wide Web - either directly on a handset or connected to a computer via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Infrared or USB."

user demand for video calls is not high, and telco-provided audio/video content has declined in popularity in favour of high-speed access to the World Wide Web
Who wants to see what the other party is doing or want others to know where we are? :whistle:

Although HSDPA can provide 3.6 mbps download speed but MTNL is promising "upto 2 mbps" speed only and they are asking for an arm and a leg of the customer as the price.Looks like the babus in MTNL believe that broadband means speed must NOT exceed 2 mbps. Shame on Mahachor Telephone Nigam Ltd.

Techtree.com India > News > Telecom > Few Takers for MTNL, BSNL 3G Service

Amid the ongoing fuss about the 3G spectrum auction, state-owned telecom
MTNL and BSNL got the privilege of rolling out 3G services in the country.

The third generation telephony services have been available for subscription since February. But how many Dilli-wallas, or folks from Durgapur, Ranchi, and other places have actually opted for on their mobile

Reality check: Reportedly, MTNL, which currently offers 3G services in Delhi has attracted a mere 200-300 subscribers. MTNL currently offers its Jadoo 3G services in limited parts of Delhi and plans to extend this service to the whole city in a few months time.

As for BSNL, it has managed to gather as many as 3,000 customers in over 24 cities since a month of its commercial launch. Is there a lesson here to be learnt here? Well, most definitely yes. As first aid, MTNL announced a waiver in its 3G service tariff last month.

Along with reduced tariff, perhaps educating the masses about 3G capabilities will do the trick for the two telecom operators. Improving the MTNL and BSNL websites, along with a 'friendly' and 'responsive' customer care service would also help.

Unless the two companies aggressively market their 3G services, entry of the private players in the 3G scene will spell doom for them.

STILL WAITING 3G ----COMMON MAN

well as per news i read, it will be delhi again not for mumbai.

Goddammit!

btw dude, where'd you read this news?

WHAT 3G, MTNL HAS NOT EVEN ACTIVATED MY 3G CONNECTION AFTER ONE MONTH!

I purchased a 3G mobile connection (9013104002) on 24-June-09 from Sanchar Haat, Jor Bagh. However, even after a month, I find that the above mobile connection is not even activated - whenever I want to use it, gives a message “Your phone is suspended temporarily”.

I had already submitted the requisite Agreement form alongwith copy of photo ID. On enquiry with the Sanchar Haat Jor Bagh, I’m informed that they’ve sent all the documents to the Idgah office. Nevertheless, I again faxed a copy of my photo ID to MTNL on 10-July-09.

I also made two telephonic complaints - No. No. 10800149100709 dtd. 16-July-09 & No. 19000053200709 dtd. 20-July-09. Yet, after all this, there is no resolution of my complaint & my phone is still not activated, much less on 3G.

It's disgusting that MTNL is promising the moon to its 3G service users (including video calling and mobile TV), but can't get its act together to at least activate the services on new connection on priority basis, much less providing 3G functionalities. Good that MTNL is searching for partners to run its 3G services - MTNL is not competent enough to run normal services, leave along 3G which thrives on providing a superior experience. MTNL should just hand over its infrastructure to private players before the whole of its customer base shifts to operators providing better (or any!) customer service. But then what would happen to MTNL's fat cows who sit on their behinds and take their salaries while not caring for the consumers one bit.

STAY AWAY FROM MTNL TILL IT'S 3G SERVICES ARE TAKEN OVER BY SOMEONE AS PER MTNL'S RECENT PROPOSAL.

@dguptaThanks for your review and advice. Since I've had prior experience with MTNL, I have decided to hold on till Airtel provides 3G service. Now it seems to me that it has been a very good decision! I have forwarded your review to all my friends so that they also do not fall in this trap.

that review is kind of old. that too when MTNL was new to 3G and testing mode.MTNL has started full fledged 3G marketing. so i guess another review is needed.

that review is kind of old. that too when MTNL was new to 3G and testing mode.

MTNL has started full fledged 3G marketing. so i guess another review is needed.

Yes they seem to have put a lot of money in making voice calls popular in these four months. I just hope they invested as much in customer share too... but frankly, I will be surprised if anything has changed there!

If anyone still has MTNL, I wouldn't mind reading a new review which proves my intuition wrong (or otherwise).

Back