West Indies tour of India 2011

• Thread starter Thread starter mhsabir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 154
  • Views Views 13,962
Ah well, people tend to forget Watson scored 185* off 96 balls (26 overs) against Bangladesh right after the World Cup ... So against one of the weaker teams, any of the big hitters if they can get going... poof... it may be broken. Going by the Watson played even 300 was not impossible had they batted first. So cliche "Records are meant to be broken" .

----------

Warner, McCullum, Watson, Gayle .. Just to name a few...

----------

Watching Highlights now :)

Amongst the name u mentioned, i dont see Warner with the calibre of making 200. The others do have, but i cant say the same for Warner.

Thats right, but as Sabir pointed out......Watto's 185 off 96 balls against Bangladesh, it cud happen against such weaker opposition, especially if the opener is explosive.

Thats an exception, it was freakish. But do u people remember, Gibbs scored 175 in that epic match. Cud hv easily scored a double, but he didtnt. Even Sachin scored 175 against Aussies at Hyd.219 looks big against 200 now.

It is big......But when u compare a 185 to 219 - its a difference of only 34 runs. And those 185 were got in 26 overs, after which the target was reached. Imagine what cud have happened if they had batted first!I understand its an xception, but then there r so many instances taking place, that xceptions also occur frequently......the law of probabilities u see!

>:Boy Yahoo:Take a > :Boy Bow: Mr Sehwag!WOW! second time in life my prediction came true!:mml: what a knock it was:pleasantry:.Another Indian!:yahoo:but the sad part is I was not among >>:TV:, i was at office :(

Well, I agree Warner is an unlikely candidate against decent line-ups. But among the Top 5 - We also have a Charles Coventry... 194 not out... and thats my whole point.

So will Irfan Pathan play tomorrow ? India have won the series, so they should play him - Maybe give Ashwin a rest.

Back