West Indies tour of India 2011

• Thread starter Thread starter mhsabir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 154
  • Views Views 13,974
Never looked any chance that he wud make it even if he had sprinted. SO case closed.The thing which he was eyeing was to not lose. India lost many many times from these kinda situations by being bowled out.Now have a heart. Dont expect a Spinner in a debut series to do these many things under utmost pressure. When India were 100/2, the seniors were very casual and just got out playing some silly shots even though they knew that they just needed 3 runs an over. So they need not use their mind but a new bowler misses something, there is a hue n cry.Now these are the Fab batsmen we are talking about with close to 200 centuries! But still we expect logic from a youngster :)

Hmmm.. Jaymin.. Here is video of the last over....Too lazy to find a better one... But fast-forward to 4:50... you can see that even as Ashwin is playing the shot that Aaron has sprinted a lot... And by the time he has reached the other end (at a decent speed).. The throw is released from the fielder & I am sure that he would have been out anyway ... The only hope was that the throw was wild/or keeper mis-collects & not running back is not an acceptable excuse.. But I would not agree that running back would have meant India would have won for sure...

India Vs West indies Great Test Last Over Mumbai 2011 cricket 26-11-2011 - YouTube

----------

By running back I mean running back as fast as possible

Seems the old India is better which had almost never won anything chasing (90s and early 2000s), foreign tour means trying to reduce the magnitude of loss.Indian fans would then be happy to see some player scoring a century and keep quiet!

I think, trying & failing is far better, than not trying & failing.He is merrily defending 1 of the only 2 balls he had for crossing the line. C'mon, a loss hardly mattered, even if the last man had got out.And even on the last ball, Aaron had just taken a start by the time Ashwin had hit the ball, so not much difference there. Next, he waited for a while before turning back for the second.

Superb match! And yet again, Ash showed his laziness. This time, the commentators too pointed out, what i pointed out 3 days back - Thats just not the right way to run between the wickets.

Back