What are the restrictions while applying for PAN card?

• Thread starter Thread starter dejan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 6,881
I wanted to correct my name on PAN card, how can it be done. I have adhaar and passport which have slightly different name and it is causing problems.

Thanks for the links. Do i have to send physical copies of documents like adhaar for the request. It is mentioned in the
'IV MODE OF SUBMISSION OF DOCUMENTS'

Yes you have to submit (courier) documents.

Pay online + courier charges.

If you want to save courier charges - then dont apply online.

But take form from nearby PAN center - fill it and give them back - with document proofs.

The address they given is not that far from my residence, but i prefer submitting the form online if i use courier should i give reference of the application no. and the documents applicable.

Follow the instructions and all should be ok

There is DO's and DONT's given on NSDL website.

NSDL will send you an email when it Is allotted. Or you can keep checking the NSDL tracking website.

Also the courier company that gives you the pan is usually crap, so track it as soon as you get a tracking ID, and make sure to collect it, otherwise it'll be tough in getting it.

I have a query. Are you saying that I should collect it from the post office after it arrives there? Is that allowed?

Nah, no need to goto the post office. All I'm saying is that when you get to know that the PAN Card is enroute, be sure to track it and collect it. Sometimes if the pan card is not delivered, it gets sent back to the local NSDL office, where they resend it. Wastes a lot of time.

Back