What's the minimum recharge to send SMS on Vodafone Idea/Airtel/Reliance Jio/BSNL?

• Thread starter Thread starter Deb_1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 124
  • Views Views 63,005
yep they've launched a new 128 plan with SMS benefits.
check in others section
From Vi customer care -

to send message you need to recharge with Rs.128 or above unlimited pack, benefit of Rs.128 recharge pack is given below.
• All local national call charges 2.5P/second
• 10 On-net night minutes Vi to Vi (11PM to 6AM)
• SMS charges as per base tariff
• Activation mode ETOP UP, Vi App, Website
• Activation time 30 minutes
• Product validity 28 days
• Service validity 28 days

Vi response for not allowing PORT with minimum amount - pasting only relevant part as a lot of a stuff is usual stories that we have been doing this/that for customers etc

The availability of porting SMS is under discussion with relevant authorities and once finalized, the same will be updated and communicated to all our customers.

Well I am just going to wait it out. My pack without sms is valid till Jan beginning. Then by the time if issue still not resolved will recharge the "minimum" and then towards end of period, do the port.

The most unwanted service few years ago has become most necessary service in Banking OTPs & UPIs and hence these mobile operators are encashing the demand. I wish they make OTP packs .... with no data and no calling.

I think calling sms unnecessary is not right. Before WhatsApp and unlimited calling, this is how people use to communicate short messages.

When did BSNL start restricting SMS services on its plans ??
COKTa1u.webp

Last edited by a moderator:

Back