Where are Neo Sports, Neo Sports Plus, GOAL TV?

• Thread starter Thread starter eidur22
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 32
  • Views Views 7,527

eidur22

Regular
ISP
Touchtel
It's now been three and a half months since the temporary arrangement ran out, and still no sign of these channels.With the Bundesliga season set to start in 2 weeks, I am seriously annoyed with the situation. I fear that providing Star Cricket will serve as some twisted justification for not adding channels such as these. Cricket crazy we are as a nation, but surely there are enough of us who would love to have the option of watching football or other sports should we chose to.I realize not every man and his dog wants to spend his weekends watching football, but surely they can add channels such as these on a pay per channel basis, since both broadcasters (Nimbus and YES TV) don't provide big packages of channels, just their 2 channels each. Price the Neo Sports Package at whatever Nimbus wants, price the GOAL TV package at whatever YES TV wants, and let US as consumers decide what we want to watch. SURELY, Tata Sky is capable of executing something of this nature.

Yes yes... I really want Neo Sports Plus and GOAL TV too... I don't know when Tata Sky will add them. Maybe we should bombard them with questions on this?

For some reason the baboos at Tata Sky have decided it is their job to decide what channel will be popular and what channel won't, rather than to allow us to make this decision. I say, we add our names, subscriber IDs, names and subscriber IDs of other Tata sky customers who would like to have these channels and names of all the prospective customers we know who would subscribe to Tata Sky if these channels were added. I know at least a dozen people who fit one of these categories, and I'm sure it's the same for others. Let's e-mail them with all the names we can gather and PERHAPS they will listen to us. Let's make a go of it. Star Cricket does little for my apetite for sport. Bring on the footie - I want Chelsea TV, MU TV, French Ligue 1, Bundesliga action on my screen and I know I can't be alone on that. I'll setup an e-mail address for this purpose and post it here and lets get it going with a nice list of subscriber IDs and prospective customers.Cheers.

You are asking for too much at once. Just ask for Neo Sports Plus and GOAL TV ATM. Then once these channels are there... then start asking for more.

You are asking for too much at once. Just ask for Neo Sports Plus and GOAL TV ATM. Then once these channels are there... then start asking for more.

Chelsea TV, MUTV etc. are part of the GOAL TV channels, not sperate channels.

I am indeed only interested in getting Neo Sports Plus and GOAL TV.

Tata Sky has two options; may add Neo and other sports channels permanently after negotiating an acceptable price; how much more the customers will pay is an important issue. They can also make a special bouquet of pricy sports channels without disturbing their existing offerings. Alternatively, they can take the showcase route and show special matches live in these channels and those keen sportphiles may order on selective basis.

Tata Sky has two options; may add Neo and other sports channels permanently after negotiating an acceptable price; how much more the customers will pay is an important issue. They can also make a special bouquet of pricy sports channels without disturbing their existing offerings. Alternatively, they can take the showcase route and show special matches live in these channels and those keen sportphiles may order on selective basis.

I would think the bouquet of pricey sports channels is the best option. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that the baboos at Tata Sky think proactively about any of this.

Count me in, guys... Whatever it takes to be able to watch the Bundesliga again! :(I just spoke to the distribution manager at Neo Sports and the news he gave me was encouraging, although I dunno how much of this is just 'management speak'. From a personal point of view, I believe there is infact a cable service provider in Bandra that carries Neo Sports Plus RIGHT NOW! YIPPEE!!! Maybe, Ill just get his cable subscription for a month or three and cancel it once Nimbus works out a deal with the big wigs (Hindujas, Tata, Zee)...He said there was going to be a meeting with the Hindujas (incable, my current cable/stb provider) on Monday and that theyd also work out a deal with Tata Sky AND dishtv within the next couple of weeks (this sounds right dodgy).Whats the latest on GoalTV? Think they might get goaltv on Tata Sky soon, or should I go in for Dishtv once my current cable subscription expires (in october, provided Dishtv still carries Goal TV)?PS - I could give you guys this fella's mobile number so you can bombard Neo Sports with the same questions so that we can get results! ;)

ah, now i see someone who clearly shares my passion for the beautiful game. Together Scorpio, we can change the world :-)Let's have that Neo Sports number.Just one thing, though - don't count on Tata to get GOAL TV anytime over the next 2 years. Seriously, the word "baboo" has greater relavance when talking about Tata Sky than when talking about some of today's state-owned sick companies. To say they aren't progressive is one thing, but these fellows really live in another generation. I've had the "pleasure" of talking to senior people accross departments and all I can say is nobody - NOBODY at Tata Sky has a clue as to what Tata Sky is doing. I can also tell you that I had the "pleasure" of talking to them about Neo Sports, and I wouldn't be nearly as hopeful. Also to quote a senior management staff "sir, at this stage any channel can come one day and go the next day". I just don't share any optimism w/ Tata Sky, hopefuly between Tata Sky, Dish TV and the local cable op. someone can find it within them to organize Neo though.

Shoite, that last bit has me quite worried! :oHmmm, if somehow my current cable op does in fact get Neo Sports Plus added soon, then I might just show some loyalty and stick with him!PS - have sent you the number via PM. Anybody else interested in calling him, let me know. I am not gonna post his cell phone number on a public message board...

Back