Which anti-virus software would you get?

• Thread starter Thread starter dejan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 32
  • Views Views 2,588
BTW malwarebytes should not be enabled for real time protection with any other AV enabled with real time protection.
Both the software running concurrently in real time mode will cause false positives or conflicts

manu1991 said:
Though I agree with the possibility of an invisible trojan undetected on the hard disk. It came a few times on news websites that hackers have successfully hacked high security corporate computers by uploading malware etc

dejan said:
Though I agree with the possibility of an invisible trojan undetected on the hard disk. It came a few times on news websites that hackers have successfully hacked high security corporate computers by uploading malware etc
What will your antivirus do when the signature of the virus isn't available in its database?

Norton and no games with Anti-virus softwares with my computer.
having tried so many in past and after intial good days had bad experiences with most of them.
since last 4-5 year Norton and nothing more, nothing less..
Let those kids be happy with new experiments, I am not currently infected and always caught pen drives coming from
so called "Clean Systems".
A couple of strict policies sometimes make friends unhappy but they have learned to live with it by now.
1). I Never Lend computer to others for usage, even if they are on fire and need to download water sprays :-)
2). Ignore Pen drives which doesn't belong to me.
3). Disallow use of pirated downloads, cracks etc
4). no remote access to anyone.
5). Gaming on desktop which is never used for Financial Activity.

chromaniac said:
Windows Defender should be good enough if you are smart about your browsing habits. If you are going to download random files from random websites and run them without thinking twice, maybe you need something stronger.

I agree Windows Defender is good enough.
A lot of users do not realize an antivirus is not a total solution....you need to backup...backup...backup

Bought another Norton 2013 from ebay.in
Paid Rs.227/- Thanks vodafone for a sweet Rs.100 off

Windows Defender (the Windows 8 one) is good enough for me. I also have Malwarebytes installed (not running in real time though, to prevent conflicts with Defender) just to double check some suspicious stuff like friends' pendrives and portable hard disks.

Back