Which debit card is best for online banking?

• Thread starter Thread starter dextermorgan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 22,299

dextermorgan

I got banned!
ISP
Beam Fiber
I just want to know which bank debit card has good online banking portals and is most likely to be useful for online banking in most sites. PS: I own a corporation bank debit card which I don't want to use for online banking. Many people have suggested state bank of India and HDFC

i believe icici bank is going to be a good safe bet. though things are rather similar between most private banks. sbi i am not so sure.just go for a bank that lets you create a virtual credit card. would be better than any debit card.

ICICI is kinda safe plus u get those payback points
but among all the debit cards i have used ie ICICI , HDFC , HSBC and SBI
i dont particularly find any difference in safety or ease of usage , they all do the same thing
i just use ICICI so i know when something goes wrong i have a CC to call upon unlike the SBI

From my personal experience it doesn't really matter much as it primarily depends on the store where you are making the purchase and the gateway they are using. I have used SBI, Citi, ICICI, OBC and PNB debit cards and Virtual Card by ICICI for international purchases. Issues were from the gateway or the store side! Never faced issue with the bank or the card.

HDFC Bank Platinum Debit Card is the best as it gives Cashback on every shopping. Even online shopping, bill payments, travel bookings, movie tickets. It is superb !! No other Bank gives CashBack on every purchase.

Unless reward point is not consideration, it should not matter which bank debit card we are using, but what matters should be Visa, MasterCard or Maestro.
I have used IDBI Visa, HDFC Visa and Citibank Maestro debit cards. I found that Citibank Maestro card was not getting accepted at many payment portals.

Back