debit card or netbanking for online transactions?

• Thread starter Thread starter prakash_mvpa
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 4,836
I have 3 bank accounts with net-banking.. i dont think its unusable. I find it very simple and secure.Key in ID and password... verify display image/display text. Login. Pay..For some banks there is separate transaction password..give that...thats it.Dont find anything complicated.

ICICI security ftw!

I think I have a rat on my system and I don't give a flying ratass to my security.Seriously! Even if you visit your bank, take Rs 50 out of it and.. ..the moment you step out of the bank someone can scare you with a lolipop and rob you.Ain't it?

I think I have a rat on my system and I don't give a flying ratass to my security.

Seriously! Even if you visit your bank, take Rs 50 out of it and..

..the moment you step out of the bank someone can scare you with a lolipop and rob you.

Ain't it?

RAT xD.

For me the rule is like this:NEVER enter credit card/debit card/netbanking information in any site other than the bank's/visa/mastercard website.Netbanking ensures that I always enter any information at the bank's website only, so others can't see anything at all.Entering CC/DC no, validity date etc. at other websites may not be secure as it depends on how strong their security is. Essentially, the more places you enter your information, the more points of failure it brings along. With netbanking, only thing that can happen is phishing or breaching the bank's security, which is highly unlikely and the bank will be responsible for any loss if their security is compromised. But if some other sites willingly or accidentally leaks your data, that is your responsibility.TL;DR: Netbanking seems safer to me.

Back