CitiBank Credit Card: Online Transactions made complicated

• Thread starter Thread starter moindear
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 11,677
From being sane Citibank just become Insane.Previously while paying online with Citibank Credit Card was easy, just needed to enter the internet banking password in place of 3D secure. But now they have made OTP mandatory and OTP is not sent but we need to request from our mobile. I tried it twice and both the times (two different days) the transaction did not go through.So if we need to transact using citi cards, we need to shell out money for sms for every transaction and which anyways did not work for me.Tried contacting them thru twitter and found out that CitiBank India does not have any presence in twitter. Its like 90s

ICICI too has issued a new credit card with security chip; this card insists additional security - entry of PIN for use in shops and a one time 3d security code (through sms and email) for online transactions for amounts 5000 and above. I still use the old credit card which has less hassle.

Recharged by Mobile with Citibank Credit Card (Mastercard). Process was similar as I did in 2013 :)
No need for OTP, just needed my Citibank login Password for verification.
But my card expires next month, I guess then fun would begin when I get new card.

Must be a new RBI regulation. SBICard also switched to OTP for 3D-secure authentication

Amex uses otp too now. But it comes automatically, no request required

Back