RBI: Online transactions should be processed in INR only

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 3,600
This might actually be helpful. Services like Apple iTunes and Google Play which usually don't accept Indian Debit cards and all. Now any Indian card would work without hassles. Who knows they might also add support for Indian netbanking? More users can pay for these services.

Uber would need to deal with people who might not put in the OTP after the ride. :-P maybe they would ask for a buffer in an Uber Wallet now.

Well recently I was trying to purchase games from humble bundle and my card was rejected though I've made successful transactions in the past. I'm using ICICI International Debit Card. Does that mean I won't be able to purchase games anymore internationally :cry:
WTF RBI :mad:

Currently Amazon India doesn't use OTP for amex inspite of charging the amount in INR, was this allowed before the recent rule change?

And, until recently, not sure now, uber used to charge amex cards in USD, is that not allowed too anymore?

November has arrived. I wonder what happened to the RBI regulation requiring Uber to use a local payment gateway.

Yup. They should also hire rude drivers and messy cars to complete the made in India experience.

Back