• Thread starter Thread starter don26
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 3,017

don26

ISP
MTNL
Hey guys

I want to buy a new modem since my old modem has a lot of problems and is 5 years old :P

My requirements :-
1. Should be very easy to open ports.

Can you recommend me a good new modem ?

BTW, i heard D-Link is good ....

if u want a good router/modem i would suggest u go for Linksys/Cisco products coz they have robust build and good performance

While you are at buying why not wireless modem.They are just as cheap as wired ones and provide wire-free connectivity.Regards

Are you a MTNL customer?If so why do you want to buy a modem? Why don't you just go for theirs? They will not charge you anything for it.I believe they have stocks at present. You'll have to tell them whether you want a wireless modem and also probably whether you are going to connect it through your LAN port or USB. I personally prefer to get it from MTNL as it is a single point responsibility and they cannot just blame your modem if there is a problem later.The second big advantage of getting their modem is that you don't have anything to lose in case you change operators and switch to someone who does not use ADSL.

BUT, which Linksys or D-Link modem to buy ?Also, I don't know how to open ports in wireless modem......

Back