Which router is airtel providing with their gigabit internet plan?

• Thread starter Thread starter f3rmion
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 83
  • Views Views 18,920
ISP
Reliance JIO
I came across the following article which claims that Airtel is providing a Wi-Fi router which is capable of delivering gigabit speeds over Wi-Fi along with their gigabit extreme fibre plan. However, there is no mention of the model of the router provided. Any clues?

Raised a complaint to DOT regarding not providing new router and then today got a call from airtel that you already have Nokia ont which supports gigabit speed and will not provide any new router.
I told then again that it supports that only on LAN and not on wifi. They were like “sir support toh karta hai na wohi use karo”

Upvote 0
I sent that pic of geekyranjit to local airtel engineer and he said that they haven’t seen this router before. This is the first time for them.

being a city like chandigarh, airtel is having their north main office here and saying that they don’t know about it is complete lie.

i will again raise this issue with nodal officer and will make them pay for false claims. They will regret this haha

Upvote 0
Which Nokia router do you have? I have the Nokia G2424G-A in my 2BHK in Mumbai. The coverage is similar/slight better to TP-Link Archer C6.

Place the router in the passage, with the anteena below the beams. You will see better coverage.

If this isn't a possibility, better to opt for a mesh router. Make sure you get a triband one (dedicated 5ghz backhaul for the mesh!)
Thanks for your feedback.

No, I have a different one, G-2425G-A. Yes, I have placed it in the passage area only. But still coverage is weak and also 5 Ghz gives issues in the room next door. May be will try bringing antennas further down and see.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@droid i am sure that if they will provide this ONT in residential area then it might be bottleneck for other customers due to limited bandwidth per OLT hub.
normally per OLT capacity is 1-2 gbps and that is shared with 6-8 customers and if 1 customer takes a gigabit plan then it might choke other users bandwidth:D
@Rickysin : not really. They are indeed providing this 1 gbps plan in residential too but there are very few users of such plan.

Upon reading in this thread, I did check with the local Airtel engineer and he mentioned that in the entire Powai area (localility in Mumbai) there are only 2 users with a 1 gbps plan. And he has seen only one time this 6 antenna router in last many months.

I asked him if he can at least bring it to my place to see the strength and he was like no, don't even have it in his office

Upvote 0
The information about the ONT is very scarce in airtel circle as well. You will need to get in touch with a Zonal incharge. As your local technician for his TL number and then from TL you can get ZI's number.

I am using that new Dasan ONT. So it is there for real.

Upvote 0

Back