Why broadband in india so costly

• Thread starter Thread starter rudrawadi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 3,712

rudrawadi

ISP
BSNL UL750
i mean sky broadband provides 16Mbps unlimited for 25 British Pounds aprox. 2000Rs and bsnl 2mbps and only 20gb limited download

Because we are not one single world economy. Why do we have potatoes for Rs. 30 per kilo, whereas people who are sitting in the UK subscribing to sky broadband have to pay 2 British Pounds approx. Rs. 180 per kilo? (These figures are of course not accurate, but merely illustrative to the point I am making - i.e. prices for things are different in different countries).

yeah my friend paid like 5-8 pounds for a samosa in UK. i pay like 5-8 rupees.

For the same reason a Rs 4000 a month chauffeur in mumbai will not work for less than Rs 40000 in US or Rs 80000 in UK if not more.

is it easy to get Rs 4000 a month chauffeur in mumbai? i am unable to find one here in gurgaon!

Simply because Broadband penetration is less in India...As the number of subscribers increase, charges will be bought down.

Simply because Broadband penetration is less in India...As the number of subscribers increase, charges will be bought down.

We have a live example here - Mobile Services. India has the cheapest calling rates in the world. I guess same thing applies to broadband as well but it's going to take lot of time. :frown:

yeah but it's feasible to provide Mobile connection everywhere but it's not the case with broadband..There needs to be a lot of setups which involves high costs.anyways within 10 yrs or so India will see broadband chargers which will be on par with US and UK.

duh. we dont want internet that is at par with USA. USA sucks at internet connectivity compared to most european countries. japan, south korea, sweden. we need that kind of connectivity.

Back