Why broadband in india so costly

• Thread starter Thread starter rudrawadi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 3,712
duh. we dont want internet that is at par with USA. USA sucks at internet connectivity compared to most european countries. japan, south korea, sweden. we need that kind of connectivity.
+1

duh. we dont want internet that is at par with USA. USA sucks at internet connectivity compared to most european countries. japan, south korea, sweden. we need that kind of connectivity.

Yes at par with japan or Korea, japan's average broadband speed is 90 Mbps !

& again japan & Finland have the cheapest tariff.

Source: Japanese Broadband World's Fastest, Cheapest - Iceland Cools off in Global Broadband Penetration Rankings - US Broadband Penetration Grows to 85.9% Among Active Internet Users - November 2007 Bandwidth Report

is it easy to get Rs 4000 a month chauffeur in mumbai? i am unable to find one here in gurgaon!

Yeah, in Mumbai, you can get a driver for as low 3k a month. Though, my driver charges 6k.

One of the things I feel like screaming on this forum is that we don't know how good we have it here. I have relatives in England and in France, and it has taken them 1 month+ to get a broadband connection!! (And from what I hear this is fairly common in most Western European nations). Airtel on the other hand will take 3-4 days in most places.

When I was in the States for a month earlier this year, I felt like throwing away my cell-phone. Their cellphone plans are atrocious. Ours are 10,000 times better!!

It's just that growth is slightly slow here, but we'll get there.

charges for incoming calls. charges for incoming sms! who wants to be in the US! EU is much better. the european commission works as TRAI kicks mobile operators' ass.

^ not only are incoming calls / sms not free, but they are charged at the same rate as outgoing!! (So in essence both you and the person calling you / smsing you are paying - so the cost is double). The prepaid plan I used, SMS was 10 cents (Rs. 4.67!!!).And to top it all - calling customer care is not free!!! For that also you pay standard rates. Ek to unki taraf se problem, and on top of that you pay just to complain?!?! F*** that!! Indian Telcos mahaan.

who wants to be in the US!

I just need a good, stable and reliable broadband connection. Sarkari companies like BSNL have completely messed it up. Dude, how is Airtel? I mean the service and all... I need to get rid of this BSNL ASAP. :@

duh. airtel broadband is safe and stable. if you are ok with their relatively higher prices... no need to think twice.

Here in UK, I am on 3's HSDPA mobile broadband which gives average 1-2 mbps. I pay 7.5 GBP approx Rs. 900 per month. I have 5 GB download limit. I think its quite decent. The only best part of EU telecs is that they dont charge for incomming. But I still think the broadband scene of India is somewhat same as it was 2 years ago w.r.t MTNL Mumbai.

We have a live example here - Mobile Services. India has the cheapest calling rates in the world.

This is a myth, being propagated by the telcos in India. On purchasing power parity, calling rates in India are not the cheapest. Moreover, no Indian telco provides unlimited calling plans!

We have the worst telcos in the world. They are a bunch of thugs. Their customer service is atrocious. They always hide behind myths like cheapest calling rates. Read this for more details: http://www.businessworld.in/index.php/T
elecom/Tipping-Point.html

Back