• Thread starter Thread starter ayuboy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 3,098

ayuboy

Regular
ISP
MTNL
Well! A few months ago I saw many complaints and questions about low speed UL plans available in India,:rofl:
and i did some research and found out that one of the reasons is that they the people who don't want better speeds they are satisfied with their speeds.(i.e 64kbps,128kbps)(OMG they really do use 64Kbps):confused:
and Second reason is that the ISP want some money for their work and the Broadband users in our country are less than 5million( Total:
1,129,866,154 (July 2007 est.)

That is less than 1% of total population.Just Imagine.:(
I looked at the plans offered by Western countries and their lowest speeds are 700Kbps for a meagre $10 or so. where as In India we have to sell our houses to get a decent Speed!

The ISPs say they would love to give higher speeds but there is no demand from the public and Introducing High speed Plans could be a failure as they have to charge high prices and low high speed plans would be Impractical for them, more over India doesn't have all the places with optical fiber used.And we Indians are very lazy and budget conscious.

Well, if we compare to the western countries which have 70% of their population as Broadband Users and 90% have computers We lack far behind.
All we can hope is that in 2010 If we reach 10million Broadband subscribers they the ISPs may bring 8Mbps UL.:yahoo:
I hope you understand the point that i am trying to convey.
My data could be not accurate but i try my best to get latest and best cencus.:thumbsup:

I need your comments Guys!:whistle:

this the old news with new mask .......there are lot of topics about it ..whyn't try to read them :hysterical:

there so much strength of Broadband users in India but they don't want to spent money for a quality speed ..thats why low speed creates problem in India.

------------------------------------------------

salina

Blazeinfotech

thats because 90% of broadband users are satisfied with the speed given here as they use internet just for browsing. we are not cause we download and upload at a very low speed and it sucks waiting for it to finish. :D all this will change only if broadband users increase drastically, or some ISP from the US, UK, etc enter into the indian broadband industry.

Wait till 2100 or so :p

The ISPs say they would love to give higher speeds but there is no demand from the public and Introducing High speed Plans could be a failure as they have to charge high prices and low high speed plans would be Impractical for them, more over India doesn't have all the places with optical fiber used.And we Indians are very lazy and budget conscious.

That is the problem. There needs to be enough demand before the supplies are increased. If everyone is satisfied with say 256kbps, why will ISP's provide 10mbps?

The only thing that can change the scenario is demand and more demand. But I'm skeptical about this one.

every market has its own strategy. in the overseas market, the cost of the licenses to provide internet is not so high; so with low cost of entry, the isp's give good value for money. here isp's have paid tremendous amounts for the licenses, so you cant really expect high speeds at cheaper cost, can you?

Ayuboy, you are totally right. It's going to take a lot of time before the isp's introduce high speed packages for a reasonable price. Too bad.

Back