Windows Phone 8 Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 142
  • Views Views 23,586
Porting apps from a Windows 8 PC to Windows Phone 8 is incredibly easy is what he says. I hope this is true. :D

Freaking brilliant this start screen. This was one of the reasons I wanted the WP7, now I am eagerly looking forward to WP8.

ok. i am not sure how the home screen behaved in wp7 but the version in wp8 looks like too cluttered to me. of course it depends upon the user on how he sets it. i mean there are too many tiles and all of them are moving around. it's gotta be distracting :| anyways, i am not a fan of a phone that cannot have a wallpaper. but i guess that's just me.

Haha, that's an interesting observation regarding the wallpaper as this isn't actually a 'home' screen, more like a 'quick start' screen. They do support wallpapers on top of this screen, not if you want it as a background.

The cluttering part is really a user choice. It is good to have flexibility to change the size and layout, just like with widgets on Android. I have some dirty looking home screens on my Android, courtesy my lack of imagination, and some shortage of widget size options, but what I have is useful since I don't need to open ten different apps to get the info I want.

Back