WorldSpace to pull out of India

• Thread starter Thread starter sakthiman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 88
  • Views Views 57,483
Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked World Space for the 1st year I had the subscription, after that I never really renewed it. It's still lying here in my house. Sad to see it go though.

grooveshark works pretty well for me.

Hmm, GS is a web streamer, requiring a net connection.I guess worldspace business model is outdated for ppl at home these days.

Any company in India can buy their subscriber base in India as their content is very good, so many listeners just love their music.

They are closing Indian link for lack of a buyer to buy out the indian subscriber business. Hence, if a company (Indian or otherwise) invests and buys it, we will continue to have WS India which is the objective of this campaign.

oh well. the only place i heard worldspace was in restaurants and cafes. i am not sure if their indian venture was at all profitable. :(

Indian arm of WS may not be highly profitable but can survive on it's own. Visit this link to see the comments of other listeners Keep Worldspace India alive | Facebook. Their subscription is not expensive and you get to listen to really good music (Carnatic/Old hindi songs/latest hits/rock etc) with amazing audio clarity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back