WorldSpace to pull out of India

• Thread starter Thread starter sakthiman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 88
  • Views Views 57,468
Status
Not open for further replies.
well the problem is that with online radio i can do the same and get the power to listen to songs i want to listen and not what others want me to hear to. i can run grooveshark on my machine 24x7. and it would play the type of songs i want it to play for me. for free!

Discussion about online radio and offline radio can go on for a while. I prefer the offline one. I have tried online radio and didnt like it. For each his own.

Oh i absolutely agree with you from a convenience point of view.Thats why i asked what ppl used as a substitute. I think the answer is that there is none unless you want to check out your local FM station that cant play the latest & greatest 'foreign' stuff with incessant chatter ;)Its too bad that a outdated business model on the other side of the world affects ppl here.

The local FM plays music of the regional/language language. I wont get Hindi songs in Chennai local FM. No, there is no alternative yet.

if you have an unlimited data transfer package... there are plenty of great alternatives online.

I must be the lucky few whose subscriptions ends on the day the broadcast stops. But will really miss it. Whoever is buying Worldspace in the US is missing a huge opportunity in India. I was hopping Relliance or some other big media house would buy the India operations, it has good potential. Hopefully someone is negotiating to avid listeners like me out there!

Worldspace might be a value proposition for Airtel considering they air some of the channels on their DTH platform. Considering the current situation, they might get it for a steal. It would also allow them to enter the area of content providers.

It would be anything but BIG then. The signal would just vanish while you are listening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back