Xiaomi MI 3

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,251
  • Views Views 110,452
anybody still looking for it let me know.? i have one in my cart. sorry for late reply.:D

Ping me before 11.59. :p

Last edited:
^ if you were a commerce or accounting professional or student , you'd know what profit exactly means [emoji23]
What you are taking is just the basic cost of the finished good (something like cost of production for an in house manufacturer)
Beyond this there are certain expenses and stages to reach cost of sales (adding administration expenses and selling n distribution expenses, like a typical cost sheet) and then you have profit and then sales.
Since this is imported, there's more, more rules under the excise law, taxes, duties and lockup costs and lots of interest based notional costs .
No one really knows exact profit or the expenditure they really incur.
Even a 100-200 rupees net profit per device is big considering the quantity of sale and the period within which they earn returns.
Just a simple explanation of theoretical part of it.
Many think flipkart earns crores within their few seconds of flash sale but aren't aware of other aspects of business and elements that constitute a business functioning.
You cannot earn profit straight away. Like import for 12k sell for 14k get 2k profit.
You need to incur expenditure and costs and ensure that the revenue is higher than breakeven with costs.
At such competition levels big heads might even operate at break even (cost = income) ie no profit..
So that they get the customer base and following and fame and build upon that in their subsequent operations.

Last edited:
Also xiaomi sells a device for a long period of 18 months instead of 6 months for other manufacturers so as to take advantage of lowering cost of electronic components like processors and displays.

mi3 is almost an year old and its still selling like hot cakes.

Back