Xiaomi MI 3

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,251
  • Views Views 110,447
Well, Nokia has been in India for ages and still has one of the worst customer support network. My Lumia 620 had a malfunctional touch screen and Nokia guys flatly refused to change it under warranty calling it water damage. I received much better customer support from Xolo!

So I don't think it matters whether you are an old horse or a new one. What matters is intent to focus on customer satisfaction. I am myself waiting to hear from Xiaomi about the after sales. Might purchase the Moto G otherwise.

But take a 5 stones and throw it in 5 directions in a junction. It will end up landing on a Nokia service center (may not be official). Their spares are easily available.

I agree with spares being easily available, but if the after service is going to be sloppy and one has to depend on third party repair shops, one might buy a Xiaomi without thinking twice. It takes a day for people in Gaffar to open up a smartphone and learn to fix it inside out!

I agree with spares being easily available, but if the after service is going to be sloppy and one has to depend on third party repair shops, one might buy a Xiaomi without thinking twice. It takes a day for people in Gaffar to open up a smartphone and learn to fix it inside out!

But doing so would void warranty and if in future any serious problem occurs like motherboard failure, the official service center guys would flatly refuse warranty.

ok so was going through some written/video reviews i found out few new things about this phone i didn't knew, thought would share-

1)extreme customization. (from dialer to font,anything customizable)
2)huge support (millions of users already)
3)kitkat update promised this month
4)no need to root the phone. developers full ROMS available OFFICIALLY.
5) 5inch 1080p display from LG.
6) benchmarks higher than likes of g2 or note3.
7) average of 2 days battery backup. 10hrs+ continuous video playback.

And with just 15k, xiamoi, you have my everything!!!

With G3, find 7 no one where near budget devices.. and OnePlus very tough to get!!

this is a steal for that price!!

I'd highly recommend getting a Moto anyday over xiaomi if price dropped by FK after 15th.

Just because you don't have to deal with "Chinese phone hai" m'kay.

I don't think I care much about the "Chinese phone hai" remarks. Just want to check how their after sales is going to pan out before making a choice. In any case most western manufacturing takes place in China. So every other phone out there is also Chinese in some way or the other.

But doing so would void warranty and if in future any serious problem occurs like motherboard failure, the official service center guys would flatly refuse warranty.

I am aware of that. My point was that Nokia guys refused to change my touch screen despite there being no water damage. Their expert certified water damage and they wouldn't take anyone else's opinion on it. I took the phone to three different repair shops and was told by all that the water damage story was false. It ought to have been. I never allowed water to get anywhere near my phone. At the service centre in Delhi almost everyone had a similar story with every second person regretting buying a Nokia.

So it is not that if you are an old player in the market you are likely to provide decent customer support. Likewise it is not necessary that just because Micromax has not been able to provide decent after sales, Xiaomi will follow suit. It all depends upon what priority a company gives to customer satisfaction.

Back