Xiaomi Power Bank 10400mAh

• Thread starter Thread starter Nishant
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 216
  • Views Views 25,664
Yes, the LED keeps blinking sometimes even after disconnecting. Doesn't bother me much though. After all it's just a powerbank. I never really use the power button (or whatever that button is called).
The power button is quite redundant I feel, is it supposed to be used as a stop-start button?

I fail to understand how USB is connected or not makes any difference as long as mobile phone is disconnected from it.

Because its not going to complete circuit - hence its as good as USB cable removed.

^^^^^
There will be very little bit loss due to resistance in USB Cable.. Though its not even 1% of a connected phone, its surely more loss than idle standby, imho...

I doubt there will even be 1% loss as circuit does not complete and hence resistance is infinity.

But even if we accept 1% loss - it does not explain why I am getting 7000mAh instead of 10000 mAH (or 9000mAH - their specification page says atleast 90% of capacity is expected)

Amish i also wonder why we never get the 10000 mah capability while charging .. It seems like a hard disk when they say we get 1tb but we actually get some 850gb odd ..

there is a major difference when it comes to power banks. energy is lost in every step of the way. so 10000 mah battery at full capacity would not give out the exact charge. there is always a loss of energy during transfer through heat and other mechanisms.

Amish ji, if you can charge devices of upto 7000mAh from the 1000mAh power bank, consider yourself lucky as it implies 70% efficiency.. Further the power bank (and even traditional wall chargers) outputs 5V to charge our 3.7V / 3.8V phone batteries (else it won't get charged) and that also has to be taken into account, imho...

there are other factors involved as well. maybe the device being charged is not very efficient in catching the energy :)

Back