Zero upload speed but download speed full

• Thread starter Thread starter Nautical
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 8,664
ISP
BSNL
Hello friends

For the past two days I have been facing a strange problem whereby according to my FTTH plan (Fibro 600GB/Month CUL) I can test 55-57mbps at Ookla but upload speed reading is always zero and as a result of that I can't browse the internet. In my area the responsibility of providing FFTH has been entrusted to the local cable entity. so no BSNL guy is supposed to help me in this. I took their (cable's) help and their tech guy tried to resolve the issue by changing some settings in modem's webpage but to no avail.
I have
OP-GONT 90211VW
Firmware- V1.0.0-180912 and V1.0.1-180718 (tried both of them)

The problem is persistent even at WiFi. Please friends help me out of this. And I am sorry if I did not provide adequate technical details in this first post.
Thanks in advance.

Which ONT do you have?
If it has no wifi,just reset it.Connect it to your PC.Assign IP address just next to it gateway.
If ont login page is 192.168.101.1,your PC should use 192.168.101.2
Now,Disable dhcpv6 and vlan configuration to transparent.
Just configure your Router with the wan profile.
I would be glad to know which router you are using.

If it is TP-Link,set ip address to 192.168.101.2{as per above example} and gateway to 255.255.255.0 to access your interest page from all wifi devices.
OK,here is step by step guide-:
1.Open "network and sharing center " in windows.
2. Click on " change adapter setting" in the left panel.
3. Right click on "Ethernet adapter".
4. Click "Properties"
5. Scroll down and until ipv6
6. Click on ipv4 and click properties.
7. Select Use this IP address and enter the IP address some as your ONT gateway.Just increment the last digit.
Check validate on exit and exit.
Now,you can configure your router as you like.
These steps are to be followed if you reset the ONT.
Please disable DHCPV6 in ONT panel.

Upvote 0
Which ONT do you have?
If it has no wifi,just reset it.Connect it to your PC.Assign IP address just next to it gateway.
If ont login page is 192.168.101.1,your PC should use 192.168.101.2
Now,Disable dhcpv6 and vlan configuration to transparent.
Just configure your Router with the wan profile.
I would be glad to know which router you are using.

Thanks again for trying to help me. Doesn't the 1st and 3rd post(image) tell about my ONT?
ONT login is 92.168.10.1

Moreover, is there special benefit in switching to bridge mode?
Is the process you elaborated, is about using bridge mode and enabling use of WiFi on mobile etc at the same time?

Upvote 0
@Nautical
I would like to refer you to @varkey for further help.I won't be able to check out stuff because my aunt has been kidnapped and we are searching for her....😓
Wish you all the best.
Bridge mode makes the ONT become just an simple media convertor and WAN profile is handled by your own router which is usually more powerful than the ONT.Thus,you get better performance and security.

Upvote 0
Long story in short,she was outside to throw garbage{Buffalo dung inreality}.A car took her....
We found her just now from a place 130 KM from our village.
It happened yesterday.
Police is still resting.Confusing time.
Someone say she ran away,some say she was kidnapped.
BTW,it is none of our business as she has been rescued without any harm.

Upvote 0

Back