1.5 mn Tata Sky users will miss the ICL matches

• Thread starter Thread starter Harshal
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 6,766
Does Not Take A Rocket Scientist To Figure Out!

ITs good to see in that article that :Currently, Tata Sky has around 1.3 lakh subscribers and has targeted a base of 1.5 lakh by year end. :thumbsup: However, it’s Zee group’s direct-to-home service – Dish TV – that currently leads the DTH space. It has a subscriber base of over 2.2 million. While Dish TV has been around for about three years, Tata Sky is about one year old.

1.3 lakh susbscribers? i thought Tata Sky just celebrated for reaching, 1million (10 lakh) subscribers.

1.5 m Tata Sky viewers to miss ICL matches:thumbsup:
30 Nov, 2007, 0028 hrs IST, TNN

NEW DELHI: About 1.5 million subscribers of Tata Sky – the Tata group’s direct-to-home service — will not be able to watch matches of the Indian Cricket League (ICL) on Zee Sports.

The ICL, the country’s first Twenty20 cricket league promoted by Subhash Chandra’s Essel group, commences on November 30. Essel group senior VP Ashish Kaul confirmed to ET: “As of now, we are not available on Tata Sky.” “Currently Zee Sports is not available on Tata Sky, ”a company spokesperson said.

However, Tata Sky viewers would be able to see the first 30 minutes of the matches as other popular Zee channels are available with the network. Aiming to attract a large number of sponsors and advertisers, the Zee Group is planning to telecast the first 30 minutes of the matches across all its popular channels with the exception of two movie channels — Zee Cinema and Zee Studio.

Advertisers were of the view that the Zee group may have missed an opportunity by not being available on Tata Sky. Zee group has, in any case, been having a tough time raising advertising and sponsorship support for the ICL.
Currently, Tata Sky has around 1.3 lakh subscribers and has targeted a base of 1.5 lakh by year end. :thumbsup:

However, it’s Zee group’s direct-to-home service – Dish TV – that currently leads the DTH space. It has a subscriber base of over 2.2 million. While Dish TV has been around for about three years, Tata Sky is about one year old. :thumbsup:

The ICL T20 kicks off in Panchkula, Chandigarh, and will be run for the duration of November 30 to December 16.

Meanwhile, on Thursday, Essel group announced a prize money of Rs 15 crore. This is the first time in history of Indian cricket that total reward money for the tournament has touched Rs 15 crore. While the Champion team will be rewarded Rs 3.9 crore, the runner up will be rewarded presented with a prize money of Rs 1.9 crore.

Tata sky acquires nearly 0.1 million subscribers per month.
This is reallya good number man.

In the next decade in DTH market TS will definetly rule in DTH and i expect Reliance & Airtel will also shine. We need competition from the big people:thumbsup:. Currently does not face any competition thread and thats the reason they are hiking price.

u are so obsessed with Tata Sky that first you copy-paste the news for which link is already posted above.and keep adding smileys in news paragraphs showing the points u get excited about.

Zee sports is also not available on hathway and some cas system and may cable oprator also are not showing zee sports. So who is gonnan watch it only dish tv subcriber.:confused:

Well done Ajuravi007. Though I am disappointed with ICL not coming in TS now I have joined your league. Ajuravi League AJL. As I have TS I am saying now ICL is a crap. We don't need it. It will be a huge flop. Without 1.5mn viewers let it go to hell.Pray that ICL does not click or else we will have to kick ourselves :wall:

Back