1.5 mn Tata Sky users will miss the ICL matches

• Thread starter Thread starter Harshal
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 6,766
Dear Aju Bhai,
Just read the original article where it has been mentioned in Millions not in lakh .....its the mistake of that person who has posted it here.....
Second on camparison.....Dishtv viewership has been wrongly mention or you can say its old data...as it mention their 2.2 million....and current status is approx 2.6 million...so do calculations accordingly.
So based on you calcualtion still TS beat Dish interms of sale from last august to till now as TS has got 1.3 million as against Dish tv 1 million (2.6 million - 1.6 million). Correct me if i am wrong or else we will drop this matter here itself

thats what a true fan does!!even if hero (Tata Sky) turns villain, true fan always blindly accepts it and praises the deeds, forgetting its all professional

May be TS and Dish also may not be so intensely fighting like some of our forum members are doing in support of DISH and TS. We shud have a Big fight program between them, it wud be good to watch. :thumbsup: Now comming to point of Zee sports. I think Zee wants to promote Dish TV using ICL, most of the cable operators and MSO's are also not getting ZEE sports, Like Hathway does not have it on their platform. ZEE sports has hardly 4% of viewership. If Zee wants to popularise ICL they have talk to MSO's and other cable operators for providing the channel reach more homes. Unless and untill ICL reaches the masses or get more viewers it can not be successful and even the advertisers will shy away, which is already happening now.

May be TS and Dish also may not be so intensely fighting like some of our forum members are doing in support of DISH and TS. We shud have a Big fight program between them, it wud be good to watch. :thumbsup:

Now comming to point of Zee sports. I think Zee wants to promote Dish TV using ICL, most of the cable operators and MSO's are also not getting ZEE sports, Like Hathway does not have it on their platform. ZEE sports has hardly 4% of viewership. If Zee wants to popularise ICL they have talk to MSO's and other cable operators for providing the channel reach more homes. Unless and untill ICL reaches the masses or get more viewers it can not be successful and even the advertisers will shy away, which is already happening now.

You are absolutely right Mr. Broun and itotally agree with you. I am not against zee sports and infact at one point of time i missed zee sports while i was using TS and it was last year august at that point of time if i am correct Zee Sports has got the rights for indias neutral venue matches and India played triangular series against WI & AUS and eventually we lost the match in the final against Aus.

I do accept that zee sports is to be promoted. They can be promoted only if they get any international cricket matches rights or sharing basis with tensports of international cricket matches. They cant promote a channel just for this ICL. It will not help in the longer run. They need to discuss with Tensports on sharing basis on international cricket matches. They should adopt a stragey what star cricket has done. Then every one in this country will ask for zee sports channel.:thumbsup:

They should adopt a stragey what star cricket has done. Then every one in this country will ask for zee sports channel.:thumbsup:

Zee Sports will come only when there is some international match on it. I think ESS has fooled us since there was only 1 major tournament in England that was on Star Cricket and people fought for it in this forum. And I think it was a expensive channel at that time. After that every match is there on ESPN or Star Sports. Even 20-20 WC was not on Star Cricket. I don't know if there is any tournament in the near future that is exclusive on Star Cricket.

I think both dishtv and Tata Sky add million customers each; they are neck to neck in the race and are likely to remain in the near future as no new players are in sight. Both will add million customers each in the second year as well. Dishtv's early growth was sluggish for a variety of reasons. Entry of tatasky has benefitted dishtv as the market suddenly expanded, and TRAI has also done its bit for growth.We all must pray for ICL's success in the interest of healthy cricket; it has to be freed from the monopolostic ICICI. There is lot of cricketing talent available; only more organisations like ICL can provide an outlet for fresh players.It is in the interests of z sports and ICL that the game reaches a wider audience; it must be made availble in all platforms.Too early for the dth service providers to have exclusivity.

Guys this guy has joined the forum on nov -27th. Beware of him - he might be Mr. Amatan with new id:confused:

There was a thread "Where is jjv" and I cannot see it anymore. I think it was deleted. May be the Admin didn't like the thread starter harshal. I am asking this question again. Who is this Amatan? Who is that jjv. I cannot open another thread for this question so asking it here.

There was a thread "Where is jjv" and I cannot see it anymore. I think it was deleted. May be the Admin didn't like the thread starter harshal. I am asking this question again. Who is this Amatan? Who is that jjv. I cannot open another thread for this question so asking it here.
Even i started the thread with the same name and it has been deleted.

We cant say anything about Mr. Amatan, just search on the postings done by that guy you will realise who he is.

About jjvj he was banned for 2 days and he was unhappy on that took a oath that he will never back and he has kept his words and he never returned after that. This has happend on Oct-31 2007. He is a good guy.We miss him:rofl:

Back