1 Mbps and 2 Mbps unlimited plans from BSNL in January, 08

• Thread starter Thread starter Topweb
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 45
  • Views Views 20,486
These advertised speeds are all well and good but BSNL should also do something about the lines and their length. Even with "upto" 2 Mbps connection I can barely get 500 Kbps. At least let me have half of full potential (!), i.e. 1 Mbps.

You mean free unlimited 256kbps? Why would they do that and shoot themselves in the foot financially?
If there is a free broadband plan there will be a catch, in the form of an even more ridiculous data cap (probably 0MB and you pay per MB).
Even if by some chance these 1/2 Mbps unlimited plans are launched in January 2008 they will simply bring BSNL's network to its knees and these forums will be full of 'my speeds are slow' threads.

did u read any news paper ????????????????????????:whistle:

type "free broadband in India" in google

then post on this topic

Even US has already has free broadband through Wi Fi

i said freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Wow If these plans come into existence then I'd go for Rs.1500 1Mbps Day and 2Mbps Night... provided that Night UL is from 2 - 8AM!! :mad: I hope this dream turns into reality!!! :P I'd be the first one to sack airtel.... anyhow airtel can never introduce these kinda plans at the same time as BSNL else their impeccable less downtime record would become abysmal.... Lets see how far BSNL goes into providing service for its consumers.... A very important factor in this would be QoS...

Dream Dream and Dream . No update yet . THIS PLANS WILL ARE NOT GOING TO BE ANNOUNCED ( i am screaming ) .

i have been banned by susubh:thumbsup:
lnsb ,where are you? i am missing you 2 much.

Does the 8 Mbps plan for Rs 1500 include Night Unlimited??

I too am skeptic about all these UL plans which are to be introduced by BSNL. Maybe they may introduce, maybe not. Lets wait and see what the future holds for us. :)

did u read any news paper ????????????????????????:whistle:

type "free broadband in India" in google

then post on this topic

Even US has already has free broadband through Wi Fi

i said freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Yeah I've seen all the press releases being printed about free broadband in India in 2009 and I'll believe it when I see it.
The point I was making is that even if they do provide it their network will just slow everyone down. You'll get 2Mbps speeds inside BSNL's network (I'm being optimistic here) but they do not have enough international bandwidth to give 2Mbps to everyone.

Indian ISP's dont even peer themselves properly sometimes data from one India ISP to other flow through international routes . They should really promote peering directly and make atleast local bandwith cheap and affordable so more and more data centers kicks in buisness and we can have sites hosted in India itself .

Yeah I've seen all the press releases being printed about free broadband in India in 2009 and I'll believe it when I see it.
The point I was making is that even if they do provide it their network will just slow everyone down. You'll get 2Mbps speeds inside BSNL's network (I'm being optimistic here) but they do not have enough international bandwidth to give 2Mbps to everyone.

What u can say can be compared to group of computers in a LAN connection...

if that is the case we should get 8mbps (or even more)................... now:P now u r inter linked with another BSNL customer But even if u download any thing u will be charged that make me amazing

that is not the case they each server is directly connected to major ISP's of world ..

its easy to get 2mbps line for international network ....

Even Bsnl has got some satellites for Broadband purpose u just can ignore that ..............

They have set target of providing internet to Rural Areas every place in india ( through Wi-Fi)

VisualRoute traceroute: connection test, trace IP address, IP trace, IP address locations

check this site u can check u server speed

I will tell u what i got ...

then Again I tested

u can see the ping time(ms) there it is less than 10 ms every time when connected with London (last Server) to NIB Delhi the difference is not more than 30ms

If u have such less ping time between the server the netspeed is so high that deals with more than 100-1000 mbps

Bsnl is offering that speed for your normal servers that we use (home use)
In day time they r leased for Corporate Offices .....

At night every one will get 2mbps even they say 1:20 ratio ......
Even speed Doesn't vary (mostly contains 2 mbps )

Don't take Bsnl is a Low ranked ISP .........:)

Now Bsnl is thinking of using this servers or home use only ..................

Back