1080p YouTube video streaming on Hayai Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 48
  • Views Views 21,934
Status
Not open for further replies.
well airtel throttling is different. it only limits your speeds on torrents. i can still download at full speeds from any other source. so the above argument is not valid here.

it still applies. say 100 out of those 1000 are using their bandwidth on torrents, then throttling torrents does free up some bandwidth and allows them to get in more customers on the same capacity.

also, they seem to be throttling sites like megavideo too.

these 1000 customers can still use regular download managers and that would be enough to saturate the lines. what is the probability that majority of airtel users would know about torrents and would be using them together at the same time? they are specifically targeting torrents and as you said megavideo. giving 10% of speeds on torrents during the day time is pretty sick on airtel's part when i have a fixed amount of bandwidth allotted to me every month. :(

My opinion will be that many of the downloaders use torrents, so throttling torrents may free up bandwidth, especially when users download files which are not available via any other source (ask me, I wanted a game which was 12 years old, and the company selling the game had closed down. Nowhere to be found on the Internet.. searched for torrents and got it..

(ask me, I wanted a game which was 12 years old, and the company selling the game had closed down. Nowhere to be found on the Internet.. searched for torrents and got it..

you are ancient
lulz :P

you are ancient

There's nothing ancient about playing retro games :)

you are ancient
I could have killed for that game:) THAT was the degree I wanted it to..
However torrents saved a life.. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back