2012 Asia Cup

• Thread starter Thread starter ajuravi007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 362
  • Views Views 24,907
ashwin has shut the doors on harbhajan for sure

Well, how can you raise fingers at the turbonator who has been our best offie along side jumbo over a decade or so, eh?
You're talking about ashwin who is a decent bowler but in the sub-continent and he cannot be matched with the veteran bowler and moreover, he's not a match winner as like the turbonator who has given a hard time to most of the greats in the likes of Ponting, Hayden, Gilchrist etc.I agree that turbonator was struggling when he last played but atleast he used to contain the batsmen all round the globe unlike ashwin.I hope he comes back to the side soon enough.

Achievements of Harbhajan have been highly overrated - He is (was?) a decent bowler , But, outside the historic series against the Aussies, I would barely need both my hands to count his noteworthy performances

Well, how can you raise fingers at the turbonator who has been our best offie along side jumbo over a decade or so, eh?
You're talking about ashwin who is a decent bowler but in the sub-continent and he cannot be matched with the veteran bowler and moreover, he's not a match winner as like the turbonator who has given a hard time to most of the greats in the likes of Ponting, Hayden, Gilchrist etc.I agree that turbonator was struggling when he last played but atleast he used to contain the batsmen all round the globe unlike ashwin.I hope he comes back to the side soon enough.

Excuse me what finger did i raise at harbhajan ?? Did you read the post correctly ?? Where was there any insult on Harbhajan ?? Its a fact that ashwin has shut the door on harbhajans return that does not mean harbhajan is a bad bowler or worse than ashwin ...When ashwin struggles harbhajan might be back .. read properly next time before accusing me ...

I would say it would take more than Ashwin to fail for him to make comeback... I think other players like Rahul Sharma will be tried before giving him a 2nd chance...

Probably he's happy bossing the domestic players :D Besides that he's a brilliant character, never gives up but if harbhajan and yuvraj are gonna make a comeback there will be complete chaos on whom to pick and whom not to. And why isn't tiwary getting a chance to play at all? tourist in australia and in here he's the replacement for tendulkar on the field or whoever's getting injured. Feel sorry for the bloke..

Other side of series which we missed - Neo Sports: Can cricket commentary now be bought? | Firstpost

Neo is following IPL broadcast standards!!!

----------

The camera focuses on a mock-up of a Daikin air-conditioner just beyond the boundary rope for many, many seconds.

That’s okay, we’re used to the commercial realities of live sports broadcasts – cameras focusing on the signage on the ground, on the signage on the boundaries, on the logos on the players’ kit, especially the bat, the logos on the drinks trolley, on the screen showing the third umpire’s judgment, and so on.

What we’re not used to – and what is NOT cricket, is when the commentators talk about the brand – and talk as if that is a natural part of the commentary.

Yesterday, during the India-Pakistan humdinger, the commentators took precious time off from the action on the ground to share their expert comments on the virtues of the Daikin air-conditioner, and how such efficient air-conditioners were required in countries like India, Bangladesh, etc.

What we’re not used to – and what is NOT cricket, is when the commentators talk about the brand – and talk as if that is a natural part of the commentary. Reuters
Is this cricket commentary or a paid plug?

SVK since you have bought the topic of coverage and commentary in this thread then let me add my input to that .. I just saw the last 10 overs of Indian Innings last night and my head ached .. I think towards the end NEO actually showed 3- 4 L shaped ads inbetween 1 delivery .. what sort of coverage was this ?? We being Indians do we have to learn to live with this also or then some action can be taken against these sports channels .. Its plain ridiculious how yesterdays match was shown on neo .. it was more like the actual program was ads with cricket thrown inbetween ..

@gaurang08

You should have been more expressive in your thoughts in your previous post but nevermind you've cleared it now.

Its a fact that ashwin has shut the door on harbhajans return

Here you're totally wrong in saying that.It's not ashwin who's shut the door on harbhajan's return but the dhoni's own picking of his choice of players especially the "Chennai Super Kings" ones and also BCCI is simply just a puppet before him ever since India won the WC under his captaincy.By this adamant nature of dhoni there kids are getting chances again and again even after so many failures and by that way many young talents have to sit out and wait for their turn which would never come unless dhoni doesn't change his mind.

Back