2012 Asia Cup

• Thread starter Thread starter ajuravi007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 362
  • Views Views 24,907
SVK since you have bought the topic of coverage and commentary in this thread then let me add my input to that .. I just saw the last 10 overs of Indian Innings last night and my head ached .. I think towards the end NEO actually showed 3- 4 L shaped ads inbetween 1 delivery .. what sort of coverage was this ?? We being Indians do we have to learn to live with this also or then some action can be taken against these sports channels .. Its plain ridiculious how yesterdays match was shown on neo .. it was more like the actual program was ads with cricket thrown inbetween ..
I was watching on DD1. But as DD gets feed from Neo, so we couldnt avoid bullshit comments on Daikin and Micromax by commentators. DD also had few L shape ad, I guess 2 or 3 in 1 over. Whole experience of watching match was ruined by such broadcast. Somebody should file complain against Neo like it happened against Ten Cricket during SA series.

True mate but complaint against ten has also not mattered so much .. just the ads on side of wicketkeeper were removed .. ten also shows tremendous amount of L shaped ads and like neo also cuts first and last ball of an over to show ads .. wait and see how the one off t20 match between Ind and SA is shown on ten cricket .. I can bet will be infested with ads .. i just hope this trend does not catch on with the HD coverage as well ...

hehe. true. frankly speaking youtube had the best coverage of the match yesterday. i watched it for a while on my phone. loved it.

https://twitter.com/#!/Sushubh/statuses/181407049287081987

Just wait till it becomes popular

----------

. it was more like the actual program was ads with cricket thrown inbetween ..

If you really see it is the Ads ... The channels' intentions from Day 1 have always been to deliver the Ads to us consumers ... They have found a means to do it & thats Cricket ... Do you really think they care about showing Cricket?

----------

@gaurang08

You should have been more expressive in your thoughts in your previous post but nevermind you've cleared it now.

Here you're totally wrong in saying that.It's not ashwin who's shut the door on harbhajan's return but the dhoni's own picking of his choice of players especially the "Chennai Super Kings" ones and also BCCI is simply just a puppet before him ever since India won the WC under his captaincy.By this adamant nature of dhoni there kids are getting chances again and again even after so many failures and by that way many young talents have to sit out and wait for their turn which would never come unless dhoni doesn't change his mind.

I think I would not agree fully with you, Rohit Sharma has been given many chances too - And Badrinath has not been given many... Jadeja is "now" into CSK...

----------

Coming to bowlers.. Except Ashwin , I do not see anyone else from C-S-K , and you need to admit he was playing well when he was picked... And too many names - The Pathans, RP Singh, Sreesanth, Ishant, Munaf have been repeatedly given chances - despite struggling...

----------

Balaji was hardly given 1-2 games for his comeback when he was with C-S-K ...

Raina is perhaps the only person given an extended run despite some average performances..

Stupid channel brought on the representatives of sponsors to talk about their crap products while the game was on, interupting the commentary. Height of disturbance to viewers. :loser:

Jaymin bro India still needs to re think their bowling attack .. Pravin Kumar was such a good bowler who could swing the ball both ways .. he is plain mediocre now .. ashwin has shut the doors on harbhajan for sure ... zaheer is the best but India needs him more for test matches .. umesh yadav again is over rated really .. he has pace and thats excellent but he needs to focus more on line and length also, we dont want someone like a shoaib akhtar do we who had no sense in bowling ?? Ishant sharma is again too old at 21 -22 whatever his age is he behaves 50 + .. RP Singh is decent .. Sreesanth is also pretty good but again can get wayward but i would rather have him in my team than few names above .. Irfan pathan oh boy this guy will remain a mystery, I was a big fan of his when he used to swing the ball, still remember his hatrick against pak in pak during one test match ..

As far as batting is concerned we are pretty settled and yuvraj sings return will make middle order rock solid .. now coming to your analysis on 2015 WC .. You are dead right that by then gambhir,sehwag,yuvraj,dhoni etc will be the seniors but even raina , kohli and rohit sharma will have loads of experience and wont really be new comers how they were for the 2011 WC .. so in reality I dont see any room for sachin .. and dont u feel he playing the 2015 WC will be just too much to digest because he will be close to 42 and thats a old age for any sports person ...

U r not getting my point Gaurang!

Our bowlers performed bad. But look at the other side - did the Guls or Cheemas or Ajmals or Hafeez's or the Riaz's perform? Riaz had a 5-for when they played against India in SF. The wicket was such, that no bowler cud perform there. I m actually still wondering why the scores werent in the range of 400s! I guess it was still the experience of the bowlers to bowl on Subcontinent wickets which saved such a situation. Put the Steyns the Morkels the Andersons the Broads of the world on wickets like these and they will be belted even more. They have always played on pacer friendly wickets, so will perish badly in conditions like these.

Other side of series which we missed - Neo Sports: Can cricket commentary now be bought? | Firstpost

Neo is following IPL broadcast standards!!!

----------

SVK since you have bought the topic of coverage and commentary in this thread then let me add my input to that .. I just saw the last 10 overs of Indian Innings last night and my head ached .. I think towards the end NEO actually showed 3- 4 L shaped ads inbetween 1 delivery .. what sort of coverage was this ?? We being Indians do we have to learn to live with this also or then some action can be taken against these sports channels .. Its plain ridiculious how yesterdays match was shown on neo .. it was more like the actual program was ads with cricket thrown inbetween ..

Well it just shows u how deep in trouble they are! And thats why, i consciously watched the match on DD, instead of Neo. Let them suffer further & further. Just want this company to Wind up officially. As regards complaining, i have been telling every now & then that if nothing, send ur feedbacks in numbers to these channels, but no 1 has the time for it!

We can probably try complaining About Us

Has anyone has any idea about it? We all can form a group & complain about Neo Cricket's telecast.

Not only Neo Cricket mate , even set max for ipl , ten cricket when they show indian games and too an extent even star cricket and espn when they show indian games ..@ Jaymin agree with u bro !!

India waiting for SL to win and make path clear to Final, God! please help SL win or else people will starts saying "Whenever Kohli play a brilliant knock India dont reach finals" :angelnot:

Well, they can still say, India always needs Sri Lanka's help to reach the finals of a tournament

Bangaldesh will chase again - Knowing how the pitch has played, I would say at the moment it is Advantage Bangladesh...

----------

Sri Lanka already struggling 31/2 ...

----------

32/3

When is the next available flight from Bangladesh to India?

Back