India's tour of Australia 2014-15

• Thread starter Thread starter mhsabir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 147
  • Views Views 12,838
Well 348 in 90 overs is not easy for India.

All it takes is 1-2 wickets and India will abandon plans to chase (if at all they come with that intention - which is unlikely!)

Weather would take a key role tomorrow. Heavy downpours expected. Draw is a possibility.

Hope it rains as 2 sessions are enough to win for Aus .. They should bat at the most 8 overs and score another 60-75 runs and give India 80 overs .. Frankly then can just declare overnight itself .. All prepared to see 3-0 tomorrow .. What a pathetic set of bowlers who are giving away 6 runs an over even in test matches ..

I would prefer Kohli hitting 1 more hundred so he stands a little bit chance to get Man of the series!

Steven Smith and Kohli, both have hit 4 hundreds in series but Smith has scored 124 more runs!

Aussies have won the series. Steve Smith as Man of the series is a foregone conclusion. Not just a century, but something really special would be needed for Virat to even be considered for a few minutes...

So they declared overnight!

India playing too slow - so not attempting a win.

So its Aus win or draw.

I think the idea might have been to bat slow the first 50 overs and then accelerate. I think had they not lost a flurry of wickets between 60-75th overs, they might have tried chasing it down...

I think the idea might have been to bat slow the first 50 overs and then accelerate. I think had they not lost a flurry of wickets between 60-75th overs, they might have tried chasing it down...

Wickets did fall but not between 60-75. But after 66th.

Score after 66 overs was 200 runs with just 3 wickets and settled Kohli.

So clearly no sign of trying to chase down the target.

I doubt they planned to play 20-20 style (in Australia!) and chase 150 runs in 20-25 overs.

10388093_587668461365950_4340353465995703405_n.jpg

Back