India's tour of Australia 2014-15

• Thread starter Thread starter mhsabir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 147
  • Views Views 12,838
Kohli's failure in England was only an aberration. Lot of people were talking about technical deficiency. I didn't believe that. He's been successful in shorter formats for 6 years. That would not have been possible if he had technical issues. He'd have been found out. Even before this series, he'd done well in AU, SA, NZ. Some times, a batsman can develop bad habits even temporarily. I guess that's what happened to Kohli during the England series. Otherwise, I think he's a genius. When I first saw him in 2008, I didn't like him. He acted like a show pony. But over the years, I've grown to accept his genius. He might be my current favorite player.

As for Rahul, it's good that he got this century in Australian soil. He played horribly in the last test. I'm not sure what happened but he redeemed himself in this test.

It's not a bad option to continue with Rohit for a while. He has the talent. His shot selection can often be disappointing.

I don't know about Pujara. He used to be a run machine. After the success in SA in late 2013, he's failed in his last 10 tests in NZ, ENG and AU. In his last 20 innings, all of them played overseas, he's scored just 2 fifties. What's the point if your #3 does not score in overseas conditions. Unlike Kohli in England, his performances cannot be considered as a blip. Another disadvantage he has is that he's not part of the Indian team in shorter formats.

I'm a supporter of Raina but I guess even I've to give up on him in test cricket.

I still think Pujara will find a spot when India plays their next test against Bangladesh at home and the top 6 will likely be: Vijay, Rahul, Pujara, Kohli, Rahane, Rohit.

10406394_1022982077716386_6850690414325246645_n.jpg

I'll have to agree that some of these memes in the recent times - both cricket-related and movie-related - have been good. I thought Indians usually lacked imagination. For example, you can see interesting banners in Australian grounds. In India, people will "thank the TV company" or write "Cricket is religion, Sachin is God" type banners to get the camera's attention. I've enjoyed some of these memes.

Even when we are losing I am happy about one thing, earlier in Australia even reaching 300 was a distant dream!

Atleast now we cross 300-400! :D

It's not unprecedented. We did that consistently even during the 2003-4 and 2007-8 series when the likes of Sehwag, Sachin, Dravid, Laxman and Ganguly were at the peak of their prowess. The 1999-2000 and the 2011-12 series were a disaster.

Smith is unstoppable even in 2nd inning. Looks like 2nd century of the test for Smith. What booster he is eating during this series :D
India may get target of 350~400 by tomorrow lunch, and 2 sessions to chase or get all out.

India may get target of 350~400 by tomorrow lunch, and 2 sessions to chase or get all out.

348 already done. No need to wait for lunch now. They can just declare tomorrow and have 3 sessions instead of 2!

They will still bat till lunch or get lead of 400. 348 is still achievable for India in 3 sessions if they declare now :)

Back