India's tour of Bangladesh in June (3 ODI's)

• Thread starter Thread starter mhsabir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 57
  • Views Views 5,021
v1v14n said:
It might just be the best bowling figures in ODI's. 6 wickets for 4 runs, is unbelievable in an ODI.
No. Because Vaas has taken 8 wickets in an ODI and a handful of others have taken 7 wickets. It's just best by an Indian.
moindear said:
The moment I heard the news about Binny I thought about Balajik, how happy he must have been :)
This record is not going to be broken soon!
Heheheh. Stuart Binny might after all stay at the top of the Indian list for a very long time.

Pitch was that bad or what?

What am I asking, Stuart Bunny took 6 wickets, that itself should be the answer.

It was Bangladesh batsmen who were throwing away the wickets, even I saw the highlights, except for 1-2 deliveries rest all were bad shots.
@balajik
What I meant was in terms of runs conceded by the bowler, not many a times the wickets column number is more than the runs given. I am not sure if there is such a record, but if they do have a record, Binny would be on the top.

Thanks Balajik, the link doesnt open though, shows some error. Has Binny made the list?
I remember once Sunil Joshi had taken 5 for 6 runs against SA or some team in Kenya..

(Stuart Binny's 6 for 4 is the best bowling figures by an Indian in ODIs, bettering Anil Kumble's 6 for 12 against West Indies in the final of the Hero Cup in 1993. It is also the least runs conceded by a bowler for a haul of six or more wickets in ODIs. This is only the third instance of a bowler taking more wickets than runs conceded for a haul of four or more wickets: Phil Simmons had taken 4 for 3 against Pakistan in the 1992 World Cup, while Courtney Walsh had a haul of 5 for 1 against Sri Lanka in Sharjah in 1986. (Click here for the list of four or more wickets taken with least runs conceded.)
Okay got it on cricinfo

Back