India's tour of Australia 2014-15

• Thread starter Thread starter mhsabir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 147
  • Views Views 12,838
We have been talking among our friends about Indian Cricket + Bowling + Batting in foreign conditions for the last 20 odd years....have we seen any improvement none....here and there we would won matches and we had hopes ....key thing is bowling which remains the same no improvement at all....

Exactly. Kapil Dev/Srinath/Kumble and then noone

Zaheer Khan was Ok...but do we have any match winning bowler for overseas condition in the history of Indian Cricket....

We see so many Indian fast bowlers in IPL, but when it comes to touring Aus/Eng, etc countries, we have legends like Ishant on whom team relies heavily. Funny things even Ishant was rested today.
This test also lose is only possible result from Indian side unless India also scores near to 500 in first inning and survive in 2nd inning.

We see so many Indian fast bowlers in IPL, but when it comes to touring Aus/Eng, etc countries, we have legends like Ishant on whom team relies heavily. Funny things even Ishant was rested today.
This test also lose is only possible result from Indian side unless India also scores near to 500 in first inning and survive in 2nd inning.
I would say indian medium pace bowlers are good in Indian conditions but some fundamental issue is there when they are touring overseas....that root cause is not identified or not solved....

Irfan Pathan was also very good in his early days .. Till date I have not seen any left armer swing the ball like Irfan did .. Who can forget how he bowled 3 paki batters in a test match in Pakistan .. If my memory serves me right he took a hatrick in the first three balls of that test .. Sadly fame got to his head else he would have been Indias strike bowler ..

Coming to this series all is lost .. Aus will bat huge once .. Smith will score a double , Watson a hundred .. India will lose by innings by 3rd day max 4th day 1st session ..

Congratulations to Rahul for his maiden century. Let's hope India have found 2 solid openers in Vijay and Rahul who can sustain for the next few years.

Kudos to Kohli for enhancing his reputation as one of the best players in the world. The Aussie bowlers must be tired of him just as much as the Indian bowling is tired of Steve Smith. But, I'd credit Kohli more because scoring off this Indian bowling in these conditions is like taking candy from a child's hand.

I agree Balaji .. I hope we have found another solid opener in KL instead of Dhawan .. Frankly I know many here hate Rohit but he should be given some more time .. Now only if Pujara can make a comeback then we have good set of players .. Even Saha has looked pretty decent so far .. Saha just played a stupid shot in the 1st test when he was batting so well .. I hope tomorrow he and kohli are able to survive for a bit and get India atleast 400-425 .. Cause on this pitch Aus would not be comfy with less than 350-400 lead to give India to chase on 5th day ..

I am amazed at consistency of Kohli. He keeps hitting centuries after centuries, be it one day or tests.

Except drop in form in previous foreign series.

Back