2012 Asia Cup

• Thread starter Thread starter ajuravi007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 362
  • Views Views 24,908
Dhoni has actually said that he needs to reassess at end of 2013 if he can play the world cup and he would only be 33 then... Tough for me to believe that he would be playing at 41... I see playing him for a year and so.. I feel if he wants to play, let him play a year or so and retire... I do not agree that he needs to retire so that new players can be tried for 2015 wc... that is still 3 years away...

I would only say, that he should not pick and choose..And if he is incosistent, then he should realize it himself and go away...The selectors would probably won't drop him till he starts averaging under 30 regularly...

right. it is understandable when players like murli and warne pick and choose. they are bowlers and play an important role in every match they play. even then they usually picked/pick test matches. in one days, fatigue is not that big of an issue. batsman on the other hand get a lot of freedom. they get out and it ends then and there. focus shifts to other batsman. a century or a 50 occasionally would save your ass. bowlers on the other hand have to deal with 10 overs in every match. so they cannot just bowl one bad over and not bowl for the rest of the inning. and your bad performance is spread over a longer period of time which makes you look a lot worse compared to a batsman who gets out and moves out of the ground.

Ok...Regarding Asia CUP....India did well to win against Pakistan in a flat wicket....thanks to Kohli...Kohli has a great talent and currently he is in form of his life...got another hundred...but some one got to say to him that his celebration after 100 is not that good...i am not liking that at all...

SL started as favorites with Pak to win Asia Cup, and now suddenly they look weakest team of 4 teams :)I predict this is last ODI series for Sachin, and in next couple of years Kohli would be ODI captain :)

Pakistan qualified for Final....Regarding India Bangladesh has to loose against SL tomorrow...then India will Qualify...If india & pak mee in the final...i would go for Pakistan for 55%...

Pakistan qualified for Final....Regarding India Bangladesh has to loose against SL tomorrow...then India will Qualify...

If india & pak mee in the final...i would go for Pakistan for 55%...

If India and Pak meet in the finals I will go for the team that bats first ... I dont see India keep chasing such stiff targets very often and actually no team can .. Kohli may also get out cheaply .. Pakistan is all shaken up after yesterdays defeat Misbah and Ramiz Raja had lost their voice during presentation .. So if India do make it to the final and bat 1st 80% chances we will win the Asia Cup ..

----------

Jaymin bro India still needs to re think their bowling attack .. Pravin Kumar was such a good bowler who could swing the ball both ways .. he is plain mediocre now .. ashwin has shut the doors on harbhajan for sure ... zaheer is the best but India needs him more for test matches .. umesh yadav again is over rated really .. he has pace and thats excellent but he needs to focus more on line and length also, we dont want someone like a shoaib akhtar do we who had no sense in bowling ?? Ishant sharma is again too old at 21 -22 whatever his age is he behaves 50 + .. RP Singh is decent .. Sreesanth is also pretty good but again can get wayward but i would rather have him in my team than few names above .. Irfan pathan oh boy this guy will remain a mystery, I was a big fan of his when he used to swing the ball, still remember his hatrick against pak in pak during one test match ..

As far as batting is concerned we are pretty settled and yuvraj sings return will make middle order rock solid .. now coming to your analysis on 2015 WC .. You are dead right that by then gambhir,sehwag,yuvraj,dhoni etc will be the seniors but even raina , kohli and rohit sharma will have loads of experience and wont really be new comers how they were for the 2011 WC .. so in reality I dont see any room for sachin .. and dont u feel he playing the 2015 WC will be just too much to digest because he will be close to 42 and thats a old age for any sports person ...

So where did just all these comments go?? What happened to these comments?

The comments are right there I guess? How would you quote em then :suspicion:

Back