• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 3,786

dragonball

ߪδə ЩªĻª
ISP
Airtail
Hi all,

I have Beetel 220BXI with airtel connection. Now 2 days back, the firmware auto updated and that is when problems started.

1)When i change the admin password, it reverts back to default on next boot.
2)If i disable tr client, it is enabled in next boot.
2)I also cannot change other settings like adding port forwarding etc as on next reboot the modem somehow disables my net by changing my username to "newuser@airtel....." instead of my "011xxxxxxx@airtel....." username.(found in WAN advanced settings). Please see attached images and help me solving my problem of automatic changes in my modem settings. Are some settings wrongly set? Thanks.

EDIT for essbebe:
1)Earlier it could be disabled. I later enabled it. Thats when it autoupdated:)
2)In Settings, AnnexL was DISABLED in earlier FW. Why is it enabled now? What does it do?
3)Why is default gateway 202.56.215.135? I think earlier it was 192.168.1.1?
4)In LAN settings, Enable UPnP is ticked? Should it be?
5)QoS is enabled now. I think it was disabled before.
6)Enable automatically assigned default gateway is ticked in "routing setup". What should it be?
7)Why are there 3 rows in WAN summary now?
8)Why & under what conditions exactly does my account username change to "newuser@airtel....." ?

There are probably too many questions. Sorry :)

Last edited by a moderator:
me to faced the same problem after auto updatepassword is changed when modem rebootsbut no probem with port forward

simple solution revert to older firmware 3.04L from wiki IBFdisable tr-069 client.... change admin acc pass*************************************:redface:

1...Please edit/delete all unnecessary screen shot links.2.....Give a brief detail of each screen shot. say WAN LAN3........Post the Device Status page.4.........Change from PPPoE to "bridged" mode and use dialer. 5...........You have been updated to 110BX1 Firmware with DDNS option.6.............You cannot use USB PORT now.Para two:.............Even now you have reported Client_069 cannot be disabled..............If you had older FW for 220BX without this facility how it was auto .............updated ?Para three: ....Open client_tr069 page. in your modem ..... Click in Browser context menu View source.....( usually we see the Password/s in plain language in FF )......Password/s for Airtel will be visible. Change them.......Also change the time to 129600 ( ms I presume )

Edited & Updated the main post. Also, the tr client's password is not viewable by your method. the source doesnot say anything named airtel or anything..

i am also using same modem... but i updated my firmware manually ... now my modem not working.. so pls help me... what i have to do... i can not open 192.168.1.1 page also... in modem data light not cumming ... rest 3 lights cumming ..help me

Firmware backgrade ! ( not upgrade)! as advised by @Mac

Last attempt! before calling Airtel !!!AT YOUR OWN RISK

Feedback please.

Last edited by a moderator:
simple solution

revert to older firmware 3.04L from wiki IBF
disable tr-069 client.... change admin acc pass
*************************************:redface:
DO NOT try this! It kills the modem. It killed mine :(

The firmware is for 220bx and not for bxi. The easiest and surest way of getting it to work is using it in bridged mode. I had the same problem, and have been using it in bridged mode for more than 2 months without any problems

Request all to post
which FW shows which version of SW.
(I think @itsmynet posted this info recently)
Update: 1255 PM mentioned by waterloo_sunset.
@itsmynet. Thanks for the correction.

After logging in
type in address bar 192.168.1.1/look.html
Mine : 110BX1 ( No USB PORT)latest as in wiki.
V8.24.01.01
Èí¼þ±àºÅ T2Q-0Q-007
SVN°æ±¾ 3.12L.01_India.13
±àÒëÈÕÆÚ Wed Apr 16 13:12:33 CST 2008
¹Ì¼þ°æ±¾ 3.12L.01.A2pB023k.d20k_rc2
CFE °æ±¾ 1.0.37-0.7

Back