ACT broadband in Chennai

uberjon - Could you do a speedtest with speedof.me or one to a NYC based server? A pingtest (pingtest.net) would be great as well :)

You got a connection :D

Thanks uberjon. Airtel's international connectivity seems to be more consistent...I get 6-8Mbps to Singapore/New York. But, this is better than I expected after reading earlier reviews. When they do come to Nungambakkam, I'll have to give them a try :)

uberjon said:
I was hoping for a FUP between 125-150GB.
I'm looking at this plan - ACT Supreme :25Mbps @ Rs. 1,299 with 75GB.
I use a little over 100GB every month, so 75GB is not enough for me & the next plan is too much for me (ACT Exclusive: 50 Mbps @ Rs. 3,249 with 250 GB).
yeah even i need over 75GB. but 3249 is too costly.
Maybe they need to make a plan like 125-150GB at 2000Rs

Taramani and Velachery... Perungudi is just around the corner, geographically. Come on ACT, get your "act" together. Yes, it has only been 3 days since I got my AirTel connection, but I couldn't care less! :P
@uberjon - Wow, quick switch from AirTel to ACT? :)

kartnite said:
@uberjon - Wow, quick switch from AirTel to ACT? :)
LOL! I needed a fast upload for Skype HD calls.
Torrent speeds are all over the place, but never more than 8mbps. I wonder if they throttle torrents?
Changed some settings in utorrent. Downloading at 25mbps. Uploading seems to be around 1.2 mbps.

arunra said:
@uberjon - Which area in Chennai are you in?
R.A. Puram
According the the ACT guy who came to terminate the connections, the server is in Bangalore. Pity.
Chennai has a landing station, so international connectivity might be better from Chennai.

Back